Agencies line up for Ikea DM business
By Matt Williams, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 06 May 2010 08:00AM
LONDON - Ikea has called a pitch as it looks for an agency to handle its direct marketing account.
The Swedish furniture manufacturer has issued an RFI to a number of agencies, with a view to appointing its first dedicated DM agency in the next few months. The process is being handled by the AAR.
The appointed agency will handle all forthcoming DM campaigns, as well as help to develop the company's loyalty scheme, Ikea Family, which has been running since 2002.
News of the pitch comes four months after Ikea shifted its £8m advertising business from Beattie McGuinness Bungay to Mother. The move marked the end of a two-and-a-half-year relationship between BMB and Ikea.
The agency rolled out its final campaign for the brand last month, which included a TV ad that saw the Ikea Kitchen Squad destroy and rebuild a kitchen in front of an unsuspecting owner.
In November 2009, the retailer appointed Vizeum to handle its global media planning and buying.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Account Manager / Executive - Temporary Freelance Adam Recruitment £100 - £150 per day + doe, Manchester
- Senior Production Manager/ Production Director Premier Media £45,000 - £60,000, London
- Mid-Senior Planner | £50-70K Dynamic New Alliances £50000 - £70000 per annum + Excellent Package, City of London
- Mid Weight PM needed for Liverpool Street agency £32k Digital Gurus £32000 - £34000 per annum, London