Albion becomes digital lead on Visit Britain
By Matt Williams, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 06 May 2010 09:57AM
LONDON - VisitBritain, the tourism agency, has appointed Albion as the lead strategic agency for its global digital account.
The appointment was made after a pitch that involved Beta, Creative Direction and The Good Agency. Iain Morrison, VisitBritain's international marketing manager, handled the process.
Albion will create digital and social network campaigns promoting UK attractions to young people and early adopters around the world.
The first work will run this summer in 35 countries in Europe, North America, the Middle East, Africa and the Asia-Pacific region.
VisitBritain recently introduced a three-year marketing strategy based on the themes "dynamic", "Generation Y", "gay and lesbian", "classic" and "luxury". The tourism body already works with a number of integrated agencies on its advertising campaigns, including Farm, Steak and Cogent Elliot.
Last year, it also appointed SapientNitro to handle a series of web builds across its portfolio of sites.
The tourism board's most recent campaign was released in conjunction with the Guy Ritchie film Sherlock Holmes, and focused on the various locations in the UK associated with the fictional detective.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Mid Weight PM needed for Liverpool Street agency £32k Digital Gurus £32000 - £34000 per annum, London
- Brand Manager - Sports Direct Magazine Haymarket Media Group £26k - £28k, Teddington, Middlesex
- Junior Project Manager Gemini Search £28000.00 - £32000.00 per annum, City of London
- Business Development Manager - Augmented #AR Reality Digital Gurus £30000 - £45000 per annum + OTE Commission & Package, England