Albion becomes digital lead on Visit Britain
By Matt Williams, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 06 May 2010 09:57AM
LONDON - VisitBritain, the tourism agency, has appointed Albion as the lead strategic agency for its global digital account.
The appointment was made after a pitch that involved Beta, Creative Direction and The Good Agency. Iain Morrison, VisitBritain's international marketing manager, handled the process.
Albion will create digital and social network campaigns promoting UK attractions to young people and early adopters around the world.
The first work will run this summer in 35 countries in Europe, North America, the Middle East, Africa and the Asia-Pacific region.
VisitBritain recently introduced a three-year marketing strategy based on the themes "dynamic", "Generation Y", "gay and lesbian", "classic" and "luxury". The tourism body already works with a number of integrated agencies on its advertising campaigns, including Farm, Steak and Cogent Elliot.
Last year, it also appointed SapientNitro to handle a series of web builds across its portfolio of sites.
The tourism board's most recent campaign was released in conjunction with the Guy Ritchie film Sherlock Holmes, and focused on the various locations in the UK associated with the fictional detective.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Commercial Head of Branded Content-Established Digital Business Ultimate Asset £65000 - £76000 per annum + bonus and huge benefits , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Sales Executive - Performance & Brand - Emerging Tech Ultimate Asset £40000 - £50000 per annum + commission & excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Content Strategist Zebra People £300 - £400 per day, London (East), London (Greater)
- Account Manager - Integrated - £28-32K Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £28000 - £32000 per annum, Benefits: Excellent agency benefits , London (Greater)
- Samsung calls global advertising and media review
- British Airways moves paid search account to Forward3D
- Watch the first YouTube clip, nine years on
- M&C Saatchi's Enyi Nwosu takes global role at Mindshare
- Post Office reviews advertising, DM and digital accounts
- Karmarama grabs Coppafeel! breast cancer charity account