OMD tops new-business rankings
By Ian Darby, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 20 May 2010 12:11AM
LONDON - The Omnicom media network OMD has emerged as the most successful global new-business performer in media over the past three years.
OMD was named by Recma, the research company that evaluates the media industry, as the best new-business network between 2007 and 2009.
Mediaedge:cia was ranked in second place with Starcom MediaVest Group in third, based on Recma's breakdown of more than 2,000 account moves in 26 countries.
Global or international wins for OMD during the period included Vodafone, Intel and Renault.
The Havas network MPG was named by Recma as the most successful new-business agency across the top five markets in Europe (the UK, France, Germany, Spain and Italy) with ZenithOptimedia in second place and OMD in third. MPG's successes in the region included Axa, Hyundai/Kia and EDF Energy.
MPG was also ranked as the number-one new-business agency across the Americas, with Starcom MediaVest Group placed second and MEC third.
ZenithOptimedia was identified as the strongest new-business performer in the seven leading markets in the Asia-Pacific region, with OMD in second place and WPP's MediaCom in third.
Recma's findings were based on the allocation of grades to each agency by country, region and then on a global basis.
Its full research ranks 14 networks and the six agency groups in 2009 and across the three-year period.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Bespoke Print Project Manager Red Sofa London £35000 - £40000 per annum, City of London
- Marketing Analyst - Online Retail Jarlett de Grouchy £23000 - £28000 per annum + Benefits, Sleaford
- Web Designer / Front End Developer Guru Careers £45 - 50k + Benefits, Based in London (SE1)
- Head of Marketing - Commercial/B2B Berwick Partners Excellent basic plus benefits, Central London/Berkshire
- Evian baby Spider-Man 'rescues' fans with Twitter answers
- YouTube reveals user habits to appeal to 'older' marketers
- Pitch update: eBay's media contest, DFS and 2 Sisters Food Group
- McCann wins Qatar Financial Centre brief
- Three's pony and cats with thumbs top the cute Easter ad chart
- Metro launches content agency