Ford Transit launches video 'buffering' spoof ad
By Ben Bold, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 28 May 2010 05:40PM
Ogilvy has created a 60-second ad for the Ford Transit Jumbo that will debut on Sky Sports during tomorrow's League One play-off final between Swindon and Millwall.
The majority of the ad's runtime is taken up with a black screen, which is meant to ape the blank screen an internet user is faced with when an online video is buffering.
Apart from the rotating buffering symbol, all the viewer sees for most of the ad's duration is various white lines of text.
"Loading" the page tells the viewer. After a long pause, the copy reads "Still loading", which is then replaced with "Yep, still loading".
At the point at which the viewer's patience is being sorely tested, the subject of the ad makes itself apparent: "Well, it is a Ford Transit Jumbo..." the copy reads. "The largest Transit we make... No wonder it's... Still loading."
The Ford logo then appears and the slogan "Ford – Feel the difference".
After it has aired on Sky, the ad may be seeded online.
Media was planned and bought by Mindshare.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Head of Ecommerce and Online Marketing Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £Competitive salary + senior package. , London
- Account Director Dot-Gap £45k, Central London
- Digital Strategist Dot-Gap £50k, Central London
- Decision Sciences Analyst Dot-Gap £35k, London