Ford Transit launches video 'buffering' spoof ad
By Ben Bold, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 28 May 2010 05:40PM
Ogilvy has created a 60-second ad for the Ford Transit Jumbo that will debut on Sky Sports during tomorrow's League One play-off final between Swindon and Millwall.
The majority of the ad's runtime is taken up with a black screen, which is meant to ape the blank screen an internet user is faced with when an online video is buffering.
Apart from the rotating buffering symbol, all the viewer sees for most of the ad's duration is various white lines of text.
"Loading" the page tells the viewer. After a long pause, the copy reads "Still loading", which is then replaced with "Yep, still loading".
At the point at which the viewer's patience is being sorely tested, the subject of the ad makes itself apparent: "Well, it is a Ford Transit Jumbo..." the copy reads. "The largest Transit we make... No wonder it's... Still loading."
The Ford logo then appears and the slogan "Ford – Feel the difference".
After it has aired on Sky, the ad may be seeded online.
Media was planned and bought by Mindshare.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Global Insight Manager Jarlett de Grouchy £50000 - £60000 per annum + car + excellent bonus, West London
- Senior Company Analyst Jarlett de Grouchy £40000.00 - £50000.00 per annum + car allowance+ bonus, Slough
- Category Manager - Snacks Jarlett de Grouchy £40000 - £45000 per annum + £5K Car + Benefits, Uxbridge
- Copywriter become £40K, Central London
- Group M wins Vodafone's £600m media account
- Google becomes major UK advertiser after boosting spend by 50% in 2013
- Unilever pilots multi-brand advertising with YouTube beauty channel
- MEC boss Courtier hails £600m Vodafone media win as 'life changing'
- 'We will always love M&S' says Walker Media in goodbye statement
- Partners Andrews Aldridge restructures creative with hires and promotions