Ford Transit launches video 'buffering' spoof ad
By Ben Bold, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 28 May 2010 05:40PM
Ogilvy has created a 60-second ad for the Ford Transit Jumbo that will debut on Sky Sports during tomorrow's League One play-off final between Swindon and Millwall.
The majority of the ad's runtime is taken up with a black screen, which is meant to ape the blank screen an internet user is faced with when an online video is buffering.
Apart from the rotating buffering symbol, all the viewer sees for most of the ad's duration is various white lines of text.
"Loading" the page tells the viewer. After a long pause, the copy reads "Still loading", which is then replaced with "Yep, still loading".
At the point at which the viewer's patience is being sorely tested, the subject of the ad makes itself apparent: "Well, it is a Ford Transit Jumbo..." the copy reads. "The largest Transit we make... No wonder it's... Still loading."
The Ford logo then appears and the slogan "Ford – Feel the difference".
After it has aired on Sky, the ad may be seeded online.
Media was planned and bought by Mindshare.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Senior UX/IA Mobile Designer - 3 Month Contract - London Network Career Consultants £300 - £350 per day, London
- Junior Account Executive Pitch Consultants £15000 - £18000 per annum, Birmingham
- French Speaking Graphic designer | Corporate communications - Global Healthcare Brand Aquent Competitive day rate, Hertfordshire
- Client Services Director - Full-Service Digital Agency Silverdrum to £55,000 + benefits, London