Fru Hazlitt in frame for senior role at ITV
By Ian Darby, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 03 June 2010 08:00AM
ITV is in talks with Fru Hazlitt, the former GCap Media chief executive, about taking a senior commercial role.
The broadcaster is expected to unveil Hazlitt's appointment following the announcement last week that Rupert Howell, its managing director of brand and commercial, is leaving.
Hazlitt is not likely to be a direct replacement for Howell but is thought to have the kind of commercial and online experience required as the broadcaster, under the chairman, Archie Norman, and the chief executive, Adam Crozier, looks to implement a new strategy.
Hazlitt left GCap two years ago and previously held senior positions at Virgin Radio, Yahoo! and Capital Radio.
Sources said that ITV has talked to Hazlitt about a commercial role that might not necessarily be a board level position as Crozier is working on a strategy that will involve a slimmed down team of board directors.
Carolyn Fairbairn, ITV's strategy director, is also expected to take on some of Howell's responsibilities.
Gary Digby, ITV's customer relations director, and David Pemsel, its marketing director, will continue to report to Howell until he leaves at the end of July.
An ITV spokeswoman declined to comment on "speculation".
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Senior UX/IA Mobile Designer - 3 Month Contract - London Network Career Consultants £300 - £350 per day, London
- Junior Account Executive Pitch Consultants £15000 - £18000 per annum, Birmingham
- French Speaking Graphic designer | Corporate communications - Global Healthcare Brand Aquent Competitive day rate, Hertfordshire
- Client Services Director - Full-Service Digital Agency Silverdrum to £55,000 + benefits, London