Fru Hazlitt to join ITV as managing director of commercial and online
Fru Hazlitt, the former chief executive of GCap Media and managing director of Yahoo!, is to join ITV in the new role of managing director of commercial and online.
Hazlitt will join ITV on 2 August in a new commercial role first revealed here that will unite ITV's airtime sales and online businesses.
Her move follows last week's departure of ITV's managing director of brand and commercial, Rupert Howell and is part of an ongoing strategy review.
Hazlitt will not sit on the board of ITV, as Howell did.
The ITV board will be smaller moving forward and include only chief executive Adam Crozier and group finance director Ian Griffths alongside the non-executive directors.
Howell also had responsibility for marketing but following the strategy review and his departure group marketing director David Pemsel will now report directly to Crozier.
Hazlitt brings years of media experience to the role, including time as chief executive of Virgin Radio, managing director of Yahoo UK and European commercial director at Yahoo! Europe.
Confirming the move today, Crozier said: "Fru's background in general management, her proven commercial skills and her online experience with Yahoo! make her the ideal candidate for this pivotal new role. She is renowned for her tremendous energy, her understanding of both media and technology and her ability to deliver real change and results on the ground."
Following the strategy review and Hazlitt's appointment Ben McOwen Wilson, director of online and interactive, is to leave ITV this summer after four years with the company.
A spokesman for ITV also confirmed it is looking to appoint a director of ITV.com who will report to Hazlitt and have responsibility for management of ITV.com and online sales.
Last week it was announced that former McCann Erickson EMEA president Howell was to leave his role as managing director of brand and commercial at ITV.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Global Digital Capability Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Head of Digital (Maternity Cover) - Leading MS Charity CHM £51,257 - £56,093 plus excellent benefits , North West London, NW2
- Global SEO Manager Ball & Hoolahan £65,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Senior Web Designer Source £35000 per annum, London
- Group M wins Vodafone's £600m media account
- Google becomes major UK advertiser after boosting spend by 50% in 2013
- Campaign Viral Chart: Evian's Spider-Man tops chart in week of movie premiere
- Unilever pilots multi-brand advertising with YouTube beauty channel
- MEC boss Courtier hails £600m Vodafone media win as 'life changing'
- 'We will always love M&S' says Walker Media in goodbye statement