Diary: Web witter
campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 28 May 2010 12:00AM
On the Global Radio chief Stephen Miron's comment at the Big Media debate that i-level's demise is good news for traditional media agencies (from Campaignlive).
- Digital Bod
Miron is clearly an idiot. I-level was not a "search marketing specialist", rather it was a shit-hot digital media agency that offered a sophisticated search offering in addition to a broad range of digital planning/buying. His other comment about "sticking it outside of a media agency" is therefore also utter tosh. Doesn't anyone at Campaign bother editing this crap?
- John Scorah
Surely to describe a failed business with such huge debt and baffling investment structure as being "shit hot" is a slight contradiction? Signed; slightly miffed media owner picking up huge tab for March.
- Carol Fisher
Sorry Stephen, I don't know who wrote that speech for you, but you really should try to read them through before you get up to speak. I do hope you are doing more homework for your day job, for the sake of all your staff as well as the radio industry. By the way, did you think "sticking media outside of an ad agency" was also wrong?
- Charlie Makin
I understand there is a vanity achieved by being controversial at a conference, but surely it needs to be backed by logic.
Who can honestly say more consolidation and commoditisation is going to be positive for the business and that a pioneering company failing is good? Surely it further erodes the trust clients have in our business (witness the ISBA survey in Campaign.)
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Head of External Communications Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £70,000 - £80,000 tax free, Kuwait
- Production Manager Pitch Consultants £25000 - £30000 per annum, Birmingham
- Content Director AF Selection £35,000 + Bonus + Benefits, Birmingham
- Advertising Operations Specialist Propel £24000 - £32000 per annum, City of London
- Campaign Viral Chart: Amazon's drones topple van Damme
- Shazam reveals most tagged ads of 2013
- Ogilvy poaches McDonald's creative director for Unilever role
- More evidence of strong TV spend in second half of 2013
- VCCP, MediaCom, Lida and SapientNitro among Campaign's Agencies of 2013
- New year's resolution: learn to code in 2014