Diary: Water-cooler monitor
campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 28 May 2010 12:00AM
WHAT TOPICS HAS THE INDUSTRY BEEN DISCUSSING THIS WEEK?
THE TALK TIME SPENT
The freeze on COI spend. It could be the end of the 48 mins
gravy train for ad and media agencies. Agencies work
hard for COI, but as one chief exec admitted: "We've
made pots of money out of them over the years."
So advertisers still think agencies make too much 26 mins
money, eh? If margins are holding up, it's because costs
have been slashed, staff are working harder than ever and
compromises have been made. All of which will most likely
impact on service for clients.
Unilever is Cannes' Advertiser of the Year. Spare a 8 mins
thought for Simon Clift, its erstwhile marketing supremo.
After years of charming the ad community at home and abroad,
his successor, Keith Weed, will be the man sipping Champagne
on a yacht and lifting the trophy this June.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- .Net Developer - Agency Role - ASP.Net, .Net 4.0, CMS, Umbraco Digital Gurus £35000 - £50000 per annum + benefits, London
- Freelance Account Manager for award winning integrated agency! Zebra People £180 - £220 per day, East London
- Product Strategist Dyson Undisclosed, Malmesbury, Wiltshire
- Motion Graphic designer (with Flash Experience) Digital Gurus £30000 - £35000 per annum, London
- VCCP, MediaCom, Lida and SapientNitro among Campaign's Agencies of 2013
- Ogilvy poaches McDonald's creative director for Unilever role
- More evidence of strong TV spend in second half of 2013
- New year's resolution: learn to code in 2014
- Evian tops YouTube 2013 ad leaderboard
- Watch: The Economist's interactive Nelson Mandela film