ZenithOptimedia, MediaCom and AMV BBDO lead Media Lions shortlist
By Mark Banham, campaignlive.co.uk, Monday, 21 June 2010 10:36AM
CANNES 2010 - UK agencies have been shortlisted for 20 Cannes Media Lions awards, with ZenithOptimedia, MediaCom and creative agency Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO leading the pack with three nominations each.
ZenithOptimedia is shortlisted for its work in the Best Use of Social Media Marketing and the Clothing, Footwear & Accessories category for ‘Hardchorus' work for Puma.
It is also nominated in the Financial Products & Services category for its work on the ‘Load & Go' campaign for client O2.
MediaCom is shortlisted for its work on the T-Mobile ‘Singalong' campaign in the Best Use of Social Media Marketing and Best Use of Integrated Media categories, and also for client Procter & Gamble in the Best Use of Integrated Media Category for its work on ‘The Shave India Movement' campaign.
Once again, the number of creative agencies shortlisted in the media category is a talking point, with Abbott Mead Vickers, Leo Burnett, Publicis and McCann Erickson all securing nominations.
Abbott Mead Vickers is shortlisted in the Best Use of Integrated Media category, for its ‘Choose a Different Ending' and ‘Anti-Knife Crime' work for the Metropolitan Police.
The agency is also shortlisted for the Best Use of Special Events and Stunt/Live Advertising category for its work on the Walkers crisps ‘Sandwich' campaign.
Leo Burnett is shortlisted in the Best Use of Branded Content category for its ‘House of Cards' campaign for homeless charity Shelter, and is shortlisted for the same campaign in the Charities, Public Health & Safety, Public Awareness Messages sector.
Agencies that have received a single nomination include JWT London for its work on the ‘Snow Stamp' campaign for client Nestlé in the Best Use of Ambient Media: Small Scale category.
Agency Republic London appears in the Best Use of Online Advertising category with its ‘Smokefree' anti-smoking work for the COI.
Wunderman London for its ‘Oversharers' work for client Procter & Gamble is hoping to take home the Best Use of Other Digital Media award, and MEC for its ‘Chewing Through the Minutes' work for client Wrigleys up for the Best Use of Sponsorship gong.
Also on one nomination are Manning Gottlieb OMD for its media work to promote the ‘Lucifer is Coming' programme for Virgin Media, and Publicis for its ‘Start thinking Soldier' work for the Army through the COI in the Best Use of Integrated Media category.
Both Mindshare for client First Direct on its ‘Live and Unedited' campaign, and McCann Erickson London for the ‘My Priceless Gig' work surrounding the Brit Awards for Mastercard, are competing for the Financial Products and Services award.
Saatchi & Saatchi completes the list with its ‘Josh's Band' campaign for T-Mobile, in the Commercial Public Services category.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Creative Artworker become £28K, Central London
- Online Sales Manager Ultimate Asset £25000 - £35000 per annum + Excellent Commission Potential, London
- Agency Sales Manager Ultimate Asset £23000 - £27000 per annum + Amazing benefits, London
- Agency Account Manager Ultimate Asset £27000 - £30000 per annum + Excellent Commission Potential, London
- Google becomes major UK advertiser after boosting spend by 50% in 2013
- Unilever pilots multi-brand advertising with YouTube beauty channel
- Sorrell says Publicis / Omnicom's 'merger of equals' is 'impossible'
- Gatwick rolls out 'guess the X-ray' competition
- iProspect appoints chief media officer among four senior hires
- Dove launches first cinema campaign with 'real beauty' sequel