ING Direct retains PHD for media brief
By Ian Darby, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 01 July 2010 08:00AM
ING Direct, the online savings bank, has retained PHD as its UK media planning and buying agency.
The Omnicom-owned agency retained the £9 million business following a three-way pitch against Maxus and Vizeum, which was called as part of a market-by-market international review process by ING. Beattie McGuinness Bungay continues to handle creative for ING.
In common with the majority of financial services companies, ING has recently cut its adspend, which had been as high as £14 million, in the wake of the global financial crisis.
ING, which provides banking, investments, and life insurance, has more than one million UK customers and 22 million savers worldwide.
Despite being less affected by the financial crisis than many other banks, ING was the beneficiary in October 2008 of a €10 billion cash injection from the Dutch government to secure it against the impact of the meltdown.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Social Media Manager/Content Planner createselect £40-50K pa depending on experience, Central London
- Retail Marketing Co-ordinator - Nespresso Online Resourcing £Competitive + excellent benefits, Gatwick, West Sussex
- Marketing Executive - Russian Speaking - Association Regan & Dean Recruitment Limited £29000 - £31000 per annum + excellent benefits, London
- Associate Director of Content Strategy - London £75,000 - www.w Adam Recruitment £75000 - £76000 per annum + + Excellent Benefits, London
- Campaign Viral Chart: Pepsi tops Coke with Jeff Gordon test drive
- Iris and Cheil big winners at MAA Best Awards
- Twitter attracts more ads, but rates tumble 67%
- Greenpeace protests outside Saatchi & Saatchi London office
- Facebook research finds 42% switch device mid-activity
- Kevin Bacon, Google Glass and Julian Assange: the SXSW weekend in tweets