Virgin Active reviews global creative brief
By Anne Cassidy, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 08 July 2010 08:00AM
Virgin Active, the health club chain, is reviewing its global advertising account.
The review includes the business in the UK, along with other global territories.
Virgin Active is understood to be arranging meetings with six agencies, with a pitch planned for early August. The review is being handled by Tim Carter, the Virgin Active group marketing and brand director.
In the UK, the gym chain has its own in-house creative team but also works with Beattie McGuinness Bungay on a consultancy basis. It is understood that the Virgin brand has called the review in order bolster its creative work.
Virgin Active’s first brand campaign, introducing the strapline "More pleasure. Less pain" launched in September last year. The £1 million outdoor, radio and print push was created in-house, in consultation with BMB.
Sir Richard Branson is believed to be reviving plans to float the gym chain later this year with a likely price tag of more than £1 billion.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- European Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 per annum, South East
- Marketing & Research Manager - $1.8b Global Publisher Recruitment Revolution Excellent Salary + Bonus Potential + Full Corporate Benefits Package, Chichester
- CRM Manager - Iconic London Brand Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £40K-£60K + Benefits Package, Central London
- Senior Marketing & New Business Manager Dynamic New Alliances £32000.00 - £45000.00 per annum + Benefits, City of London