Virgin Active reviews global creative brief
By Anne Cassidy, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 08 July 2010 08:00AM
Virgin Active, the health club chain, is reviewing its global advertising account.
The review includes the business in the UK, along with other global territories.
Virgin Active is understood to be arranging meetings with six agencies, with a pitch planned for early August. The review is being handled by Tim Carter, the Virgin Active group marketing and brand director.
In the UK, the gym chain has its own in-house creative team but also works with Beattie McGuinness Bungay on a consultancy basis. It is understood that the Virgin brand has called the review in order bolster its creative work.
Virgin Active’s first brand campaign, introducing the strapline "More pleasure. Less pain" launched in September last year. The £1 million outdoor, radio and print push was created in-house, in consultation with BMB.
Sir Richard Branson is believed to be reviving plans to float the gym chain later this year with a likely price tag of more than £1 billion.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Interactive Digital Designer: (Mobile, Tablet, Web, Smartphone) Creative Recruitment £28000 - £33000 per annum + Negotiable, London
- Digital Designer & Content Manager (Website, Rich Media) Creative Recruitment £33000 - £38000 per annum, London
- Senior Optimisation Manager (RTB) Digital Gurus £25000 - £42000 per annum, London
- Senior Category Manager - Tesco Jarlett de Grouchy £55000 - £60000 per annum + Car Allowance + Benefits, Weybridge
- Kevin Bacon, Google Glass and Julian Assange: the SXSW weekend in tweets
- International Women's Day: "my gender is irrelevant" says Lisa Thomas
- Omnicom Media Group buys Mobile5
- BBH launches sport division with Lawrence Dallaglio
- IPA's 2014 Women of Tomorrow competition winners revealed
- HSBC launches Hong Kong Rugby Sevens push