Mamas and Papas appoints Mullen for global push
By Joe Thomas, campaignlive.co.uk, Tuesday, 13 July 2010 10:45AM
Mamas & Papas, the mother and baby clothes and equipment brand, has appointed Boston-based agency Mullen to launch it in the US this autumn and create a global campaign.
The appointment follows a pitch process that began in February, with agencies from New York and Los Angeles also competing for the business.
As part of the US launch, the brand will also be revealing a new global campaign created by a combination of its in-house creative talent and the agency.
Mamas & Papas, a family-owned UK company, was founded in 1981 by expectant mother Luisa Scacchetti, when she was awaiting the arrival of her first daughter.
The own-label retailer and wholesaler operates in 66 stores worldwide, including the UK and UAE, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, Qatar and Bahrain.
Mullen, which sits within the Interpublic Group, works for clients including Match.com, Timberland and HSBC.
Claire Harper, marketing director at Mamas & Papas, said: "Mullen has the experience, capability and brand fit to ensure we launch Mamas & Papas in the USA with high levels of impact and effective customer engagement.
"We need to build brand awareness and ensure our brand and distribution strategy builds at pace and is completely aligned to our family-owned brand values of quality, attention to detail, safety and confidence.
"PR and social media will be at the heart of our marketing strategy."
Sheila Leyne, managing partner and director of public relations/social influence at Mullen, said: "Innovative brands in the juvenile products space are recognizing the power of social media, community engagement and public relations, in building customer loyalty, trust and advocacy."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- PPC Specialist Homeaway Uk Ltd Attractive package, Victoria Station
- Senior Account Executives become £23-24K, Merseyside
- Digital Marketing Manager - Onsite Conversion Up to 12 month FTC (Maternity cover) Which? c. £45,000 - £55,000, Greater London
- Head of Corporate Communications London Borough of Hounslow £55572 - 67544 per year + Final Salary Pension, Hounslow Central
- Evian baby Spider-Man 'rescues' fans with Twitter answers
- YouTube reveals user habits to appeal to 'older' marketers
- Pitch update: eBay's media contest, DFS and 2 Sisters Food Group
- McCann wins Qatar Financial Centre brief
- Three's pony and cats with thumbs top the cute Easter ad chart
- Metro launches content agency