Monocle launches one-off newspaper
By Katherine Levy, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 15 July 2010 12:11AM
Monocle, the global business and lifestyle magazine, is launching a one-off 64-page colour "newspaper" that will be available for eight weeks over the summer.
Monocle Mediterraneo will be priced at £3.50 and will be on sale at Monocle's regular newsstands from 29 July.
The tabloid will also be sold in airports and resorts in major European cities, the Mediterranean, North America, Hong Kong and Tokyo, as well as some high-end hotels.
The product is lifestyle-focused and includes contributors such as Alain de Botton and Geoff Dyer. It will be edited by the London-based editorial team and is aimed at a wider audience. Advertisers already signed up include BMW and BlackBerry.
Monocle's editor-in-chief, Tyler Brûlé, said: "The creation of Monocle Mediterraneo is a response to our growing audience and the desire to launch a targeted product to reach them when they have time to read at their leisure."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Decision Sciences Analyst Dot-Gap £35k, London
- Digital Media Manager Dot-Gap £35k, Central London
- Head of Display Dot-Gap £75k, Central London
- Integrated Account Manager Dynamic New Alliances £25000.00 - £30000.00 per annum, London