X Factor to launch official magazine
By Mark Banham, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 22 July 2010 03:40PM
Haymarket Network has won the rights to publish the first official 'X Factor' magazine.
The weekly magazine will be published by Haymarket’s customer publishing arm under contract from Simon Cowell's production company Syco Entertainment and FremantleMedia Enterprises (FME).
Launching in September to coincide with the beginning of season seven, the magazine will be exclusively available at Tesco for the launch period and then on sale nationwide across a breadth of retailers.
Distribution will be managed by Frontline, the UK’s biggest magazine distributor.
Dominic Burns, SVP Licensing UK for FME, said: "There is a gap in the market for a magazine that celebrates the world of pop and provides an in-depth insight into the world of 'The X Factor'. We're looking forward to its launch and delivering something new to fans."
Andrew Taplin, managing director of Haymarket Network, said: "The women's weekly category is very vibrant at the moment and the launch of this magazine will provide it a further significant boost.
"We've been working closely with FremantleMedia Enterprises and Syco for a number of months now, and together with them and Frontline, our news trade distribution partner, have developed a really compelling proposition."
Editorial, publishing and advertising staff recruitment for 'The X Factor' Magazine is currently underway.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Account Manager, Integrated, London Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £25000 - £30000 per annum, London
- SAM/Experienced AM, London, up to £38,000 Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £32000 - £38000 per annum, London
- Events / Production Manager (Gaming/Tech Clients) - Integrated Marketing Agency Rocket Recruitment £28,000-35,000, Central London
- Senior Manager - CRM Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £45,000 - £50,000, Central London