King of Shaves unveils raunchy 'Barbarella X' viral
By Sara Kimberley, campaignlive.co.uk, Monday, 26 July 2010 01:00PM
King of Shaves has launched a racy viral to ramp up its awareness as a challenger brand in shaving gels, oils and serums in the UK.
The viral, created by start-up virtual agency, SSKA, has been restricted to over-18s on YouTube, due to its explicit nature.
Featuring a remix of 'Carmen' by Melissa Hammond, the provocative ad features a scantily clad Diane Wood as the world’s most famous female professional Master Barber, ‘Barbarella X’.
Wood was approached to star in the ad by King of Shaves founder Will King, after she appeared on US Network TV to shave David Letterman’s beard live in the studio.
The 90-second viral stars Wood dressed in nothing but Myla underwear and YSL killer heels, shaving a man strapped to a barber’s chair, using King of Shaves’ new Azor M Alloy system razor.
Last year, King of Shaves relaunched its range of female shaving products in the UK and US, to broaden its appeal.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Junior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £30,000 per annum, West Midlands
- Communications Manager Ball & Hoolahan - Top Jobs £28,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Shopper Strategy Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car Allowance, South East England
- Category Marketing Manager - OTC Healthcare Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £55K-£65K + Car Allowance + Significant Bonus, Berkshire/West of London
- Global Insight Manager, Digital Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London (Greater)
- ZenithOptimedia loses £200m O2 business to Havas Media without a pitch
- Breast Cancer Campaign crowd-sources videos for 'wear it pink' campaign
- Guardian joins forces with Telegraph for media planning tool
- OMD lands Liberty Global pan-Euro media
- Haig Club launches David Beckham ad
- Blinkbox readies campaign to promote its cinema links