King of Shaves unveils raunchy 'Barbarella X' viral
By Sara Kimberley, campaignlive.co.uk, Monday, 26 July 2010 01:00PM
King of Shaves has launched a racy viral to ramp up its awareness as a challenger brand in shaving gels, oils and serums in the UK.
The viral, created by start-up virtual agency, SSKA, has been restricted to over-18s on YouTube, due to its explicit nature.
Featuring a remix of 'Carmen' by Melissa Hammond, the provocative ad features a scantily clad Diane Wood as the world’s most famous female professional Master Barber, ‘Barbarella X’.
Wood was approached to star in the ad by King of Shaves founder Will King, after she appeared on US Network TV to shave David Letterman’s beard live in the studio.
The 90-second viral stars Wood dressed in nothing but Myla underwear and YSL killer heels, shaving a man strapped to a barber’s chair, using King of Shaves’ new Azor M Alloy system razor.
Last year, King of Shaves relaunched its range of female shaving products in the UK and US, to broaden its appeal.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- On-Air Creative / Creative Executive Discovery Communications Very Competitive with excellent benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Senior Demand Generation Manager Salt £45000 - £55000 per annum + Bonus, London
- Senior Programmatic Sales Manager - Native Adtech Platform Ultimate Asset £60000 - £70000 per annum + commission and benefits , London
- Junior Marketing Analyst-Leading Publisher Salt £24000 - £26000 per annum, Cambridge