King of Shaves unveils raunchy 'Barbarella X' viral
By Sara Kimberley, campaignlive.co.uk, Monday, 26 July 2010 01:00PM
King of Shaves has launched a racy viral to ramp up its awareness as a challenger brand in shaving gels, oils and serums in the UK.
The viral, created by start-up virtual agency, SSKA, has been restricted to over-18s on YouTube, due to its explicit nature.
Featuring a remix of 'Carmen' by Melissa Hammond, the provocative ad features a scantily clad Diane Wood as the world’s most famous female professional Master Barber, ‘Barbarella X’.
Wood was approached to star in the ad by King of Shaves founder Will King, after she appeared on US Network TV to shave David Letterman’s beard live in the studio.
The 90-second viral stars Wood dressed in nothing but Myla underwear and YSL killer heels, shaving a man strapped to a barber’s chair, using King of Shaves’ new Azor M Alloy system razor.
Last year, King of Shaves relaunched its range of female shaving products in the UK and US, to broaden its appeal.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Communications and Marketing Executive - 12 month FTC Brand Recruitment £25500 per annum, Cambridge
- Digital Project Manager - UX led Projects ADLIB £25000 - £35000 per annum, Bristol
- Sorrell warns of Scotland becoming an 'outlier' and the UK 'diminished' by a Yes vote
- Sometimes collaboration, not innovation, can be the key to winning campaigns
- Virgin Trains spends £8 million on advertising to refocus on its brand
- WPP challenges Govt review
- Hovis appoints Mother to ad account
- Made.com makes Scottish Referendum marketing "blunder"