Comedy duo answer Great British Questions
By Jacob Mathias, campaignlive.co.uk, Tuesday, 27 July 2010 03:40PM
National tourism agency, VisitBritain, is launching a digital campaign featuring a series of comic videos titled 'The Great British Questions' to be distributed via Facebook and the agency's website.
Comedy podcasters Helen and Olly of 'Answer Me This!' fame star in the videos as they travel throughout Britain. The comedy duo recorded over two million downloads last year.
Justin Reid, VisitBritain's head of digital, said: "'The Great British Questions' series offers an amusing and light-hearted insight into some of the quirky and quintessentially British traditions that are cherished by people across the UK."
They attempt to answer questions such as "what is the cheesiest place in Britain?", (Stilton, Cambridgeshire), "where is Britain's Hollywood?", "how do you woo a Brit?", "where's the best cup of tea in Britain?" and "where is Britain's best bathroom?".
VisitBritain developed the campaign in house. Helen and Olly are producing the videos themselves in concordance with VisitBritain, which are posting them onto the social media site.
Reid said: "By teaming up with leading comedy podcasters and showcasing the content on our Facebook page Love UK, we hope that we have captured the essence of what makes Britain a great place to visit, using our social media channels to tell our stories."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- User Experience / User Interface (UX/UI) Designer Harnham £40000 - £80000 per annum + Bonus & excellent benefits, City of London
- Marketing Manager Better Placed Recruitment £25000 - £30000 per annum + benefits, Greater Manchester
- Social Media Account Manager - Global Agency - London Digital Gurus £27000 - £32000 per annum + Benefits , London
- Responsive Designer (Top 10 NMA) Premier Media £35K + benefits, Central London