Comedy duo answer Great British Questions
By Jacob Mathias, campaignlive.co.uk, Tuesday, 27 July 2010 03:40PM
National tourism agency, VisitBritain, is launching a digital campaign featuring a series of comic videos titled 'The Great British Questions' to be distributed via Facebook and the agency's website.
Comedy podcasters Helen and Olly of 'Answer Me This!' fame star in the videos as they travel throughout Britain. The comedy duo recorded over two million downloads last year.
Justin Reid, VisitBritain's head of digital, said: "'The Great British Questions' series offers an amusing and light-hearted insight into some of the quirky and quintessentially British traditions that are cherished by people across the UK."
They attempt to answer questions such as "what is the cheesiest place in Britain?", (Stilton, Cambridgeshire), "where is Britain's Hollywood?", "how do you woo a Brit?", "where's the best cup of tea in Britain?" and "where is Britain's best bathroom?".
VisitBritain developed the campaign in house. Helen and Olly are producing the videos themselves in concordance with VisitBritain, which are posting them onto the social media site.
Reid said: "By teaming up with leading comedy podcasters and showcasing the content on our Facebook page Love UK, we hope that we have captured the essence of what makes Britain a great place to visit, using our social media channels to tell our stories."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Account Director [Exciting Brands / Dynamic Agency] c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, London (Greater)
- Senior Creative Designer become £35K, Hertfordshire
- Digital Producer Red Sofa London £30000.00 - £35000.00 per annum + benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager - Integrated / Digital Iconic Brands c£40k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£40k, London (Greater)
- Samsung calls global advertising and media review
- British Airways moves paid search account to Forward3D
- M&C Saatchi's Enyi Nwosu takes global role at Mindshare
- Post Office reviews advertising, DM and digital accounts
- Watch the first YouTube clip, nine years on
- Karmarama grabs Coppafeel! breast cancer charity account