Stroke Association reviews direct business
By Sara Kimberley, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 29 July 2010 11:00AM
The Stroke Association, the charity specialising in research and health education around the medical condition, is calling a review of its direct marketing account.
It has issued a pitch tender document to a select number of direct marketing agencies about the review. The contract will run for three years and includes some digital elements.
In the past, a number of agencies – including the fundraising specialists TW Cat and Domain – have worked with the charity, which uses Delaney Lund Knox Warren on its creative account.
Recent advertising activity from the Stroke Association has included a joint campaign with the Department of Health to promote public awareness of strokes.
The campaign targeted those most likely to be in contact with someone at risk of a stroke and encouraged them to become "stroke savers" by dramatising the effects of a stroke on the brain.
A television campaign emphasised the value of intervening and taking immediate emergency action.
The Fast test, created by DLKW, required an assessment of three specific symptoms of stroke and formed the basis of the advertising campaign.
The Stroke Association aims to raise money to fund its research programme, which looks into ways to prevent the condition, as well as how to improve the quality of life for people who have suffered from a stroke.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Head of Digital PSD Group Up to £80,000 + Car, Bonus and Benefits, London
- Brand & Advertising Manager Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £60000 - £70000 per annum, Northamptonshire
- Senior Brand Manager - Beauty Ball & Hoolahan £46,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Assistant Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £28,000 per annum, London
- Evian baby Spider-Man 'rescues' fans with Twitter answers
- YouTube reveals user habits to appeal to 'older' marketers
- Pitch update: eBay's media contest, DFS and 2 Sisters Food Group
- McCann wins Qatar Financial Centre brief
- Three's pony and cats with thumbs top the cute Easter ad chart
- Metro launches content agency