O2 consolidates £100m media into ZenithOptimedia
By Sara Kimberley, campaignlive.co.uk, Monday, 02 August 2010 12:50PM
Telefonica, the Spanish telecoms giant, has appointed ZenithOptimedia to handle its consolidated £100m media planning and buying account for its O2 brand across Europe.
The Publicis Groupe-owned agency has retained the £59m UK account and has added the business in Germany, Czech Republic and Slovakia.
ZenithOptimedia, which has handled the UK account since 2004, pitched against Mindshare, the incumbent on the business in Germany, in a final contest for the business.
A statement from Telefonica said: "ZenithOptimedia's footprint and capacity, with local teams in each of these countries, as well as the quality of its service, were decisive in the final assessment."
Sally Cowdry, O2's UK marketing director, said: "Over the past six years, we have been very pleased with the quality, creativity and value of ZenithOptimedia's media planning and buying for O2 UK. We are delighted that ZenithOptimedia has been awarded the European media business."
According to Nielsen, O2 spent £59m on UK media in 2009, including £22m on press and £12m on TV. It is also the UK's largest spender on digital media, committing £15.2m online.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Junior Account Executive Pitch Consultants £15000 - £18000 per annum, Birmingham
- French Speaking Graphic designer | Corporate communications - Global Healthcare Brand Aquent Competitive day rate, Hertfordshire
- Client Services Director - Full-Service Digital Agency Silverdrum to £55,000 + benefits, London
- Account Manager - Post Campaign Management - Ad Ops Ultimate Asset £25000 - £35000 per annum + bonus, London