O2 consolidates £100m media into ZenithOptimedia
By Sara Kimberley, campaignlive.co.uk, Monday, 02 August 2010 12:50PM
Telefonica, the Spanish telecoms giant, has appointed ZenithOptimedia to handle its consolidated £100m media planning and buying account for its O2 brand across Europe.
The Publicis Groupe-owned agency has retained the £59m UK account and has added the business in Germany, Czech Republic and Slovakia.
ZenithOptimedia, which has handled the UK account since 2004, pitched against Mindshare, the incumbent on the business in Germany, in a final contest for the business.
A statement from Telefonica said: "ZenithOptimedia's footprint and capacity, with local teams in each of these countries, as well as the quality of its service, were decisive in the final assessment."
Sally Cowdry, O2's UK marketing director, said: "Over the past six years, we have been very pleased with the quality, creativity and value of ZenithOptimedia's media planning and buying for O2 UK. We are delighted that ZenithOptimedia has been awarded the European media business."
According to Nielsen, O2 spent £59m on UK media in 2009, including £22m on press and £12m on TV. It is also the UK's largest spender on digital media, committing £15.2m online.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Midweight Creative Team - digital and direct The Industry Club London Ltd £35,000, Central London
- Marketing Analyst JV Recruitment £30000 - £40000 per annum, Benefits: Benefits, Halifax
- Midweight Designer Pitch Consultants £25000 - £30000 per annum, West Midlands
- Senior Art Director Pitch Consultants £35000 - £45000 per annum + benefits, Warwickshire