Clarke appointed head of Starcom MediaVest Group Sports
By Katherine Levy, campaignlive.co.uk, Wednesday, 04 August 2010 09:30AM
Starcom MediaVest Group Sports, the sports marketing division of SMG, has named Robin Clarke as its new director.
He joins from OMD, where he most recently ran Manning Gottlieb OMD’s Fuse, as well as working across the OMD Group delivering sports marketing campaigns for brands including FIFA World Cup sponsors Sony and Kia Motors.
Clarke will take responsibility for overseeing the division in the lead-up to the London 2012 Olympics. He will work alongside existing SMG sports directors Anthony Marcou and Vange Kourentis. The group's work includes a three-year partnership between Revlon’s Mitchum Endurance brand and UK Athletics.
SMG Sports, which aims to maximise its client’s involvement in the London Olympics, was launched in July 2009 to provide sports marketing strategy and activation for Starcom and MediaVest's clients.
Richard Hartell, chief strategy officer for SMG, said: "Robin brings a wealth of experience, a clear vision for sports marketing and a passion to make a difference to clients’ business. As the 2012 Games approach he’ll be central to informing our global network’s approach from London, delivering our vision of a London office with global reach."
Clarke said: "With the countdown to London 2012 well and truly underway, SMG London has a real opportunity to lead globally and I’m delighted to be part of it."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Digital Content Specialist Harvey Nash £30000 - £35000 per annum + Package, Lichfield
- Brand Guardian/Artwork Manager Network Career Consultants £26000 - £28000 per annum, London
- Marketing Executive - 6 month contract Brand Recruitment £25000 per annum + plus benefits , Colchester
- Digital Project Manager PFJ £40000 - £50000 per annum, London
- Evian baby Spider-Man 'rescues' fans with Twitter answers
- YouTube reveals user habits to appeal to 'older' marketers
- Pitch update: eBay's media contest, DFS and 2 Sisters Food Group
- McCann wins Qatar Financial Centre brief
- Three's pony and cats with thumbs top the cute Easter ad chart
- Metro launches content agency