Diageo hands Guinness' CRM brief to TMW
By Sara Kimberley, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 05 August 2010 12:11AM
Diageo has appointed Tullo Marshall Warren to handle the Guinness relationship marketing and digital engagement account.
The agency won the business after a competitive pitch against the Guinness roster agency RMG Target, which is based in Ireland.
Guinness is looking to ramp up its relationship marketing activity with an emphasis on digital marketing.
The win marks an extension of TMW's relationship with Diageo, which started in 2002. The agency has handled direct work for Guinness in addition to work on Gordon's gin.
The pitch was part of Diageo GB's current review of its below-the-line arrangements across its portfolio of brands, which also includes Smirnoff, Baileys and Pimm's.
Last month, Diageo consolidated its global digital advertising for Baileys into Chemistry to provide a greater emphasis on CRM. The account was previously split between Chemistry and Agency Republic.
In June, Diageo appointed Bartle Bogle Hegarty to handle Baileys' creative account. The agency won the business after a pitch against Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO, Mother and Saatchi & Saatchi.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- SENIOR ACCOUNT MANAGER - Events & Experiential Live Recruitment £40000 - £50000 per annum + Benefits, West Midlands
- SEO Account Director - up to £50K plus benefits Salt £45000 - £52000 per annum + £20K OTE, London
- Senior Account Director - Advertising Spectrum 360 Recruitment £60k - £65k, London, Soho
- Middleweight Designer become £36K, Central London
- Campaign Viral Chart: Pepsi tops Coke with Jeff Gordon test drive
- Iris and Cheil big winners at MAA Best Awards
- Twitter attracts more ads, but rates tumble 67%
- Greenpeace protests outside Saatchi & Saatchi London office
- Kevin Bacon, Google Glass and Julian Assange: the SXSW weekend in tweets
- Halifax releases 'holiday dad' campaign