Diageo hands Guinness' CRM brief to TMW
By Sara Kimberley, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 05 August 2010 12:11AM
Diageo has appointed Tullo Marshall Warren to handle the Guinness relationship marketing and digital engagement account.
The agency won the business after a competitive pitch against the Guinness roster agency RMG Target, which is based in Ireland.
Guinness is looking to ramp up its relationship marketing activity with an emphasis on digital marketing.
The win marks an extension of TMW's relationship with Diageo, which started in 2002. The agency has handled direct work for Guinness in addition to work on Gordon's gin.
The pitch was part of Diageo GB's current review of its below-the-line arrangements across its portfolio of brands, which also includes Smirnoff, Baileys and Pimm's.
Last month, Diageo consolidated its global digital advertising for Baileys into Chemistry to provide a greater emphasis on CRM. The account was previously split between Chemistry and Agency Republic.
In June, Diageo appointed Bartle Bogle Hegarty to handle Baileys' creative account. The agency won the business after a pitch against Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO, Mother and Saatchi & Saatchi.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Head of External Communications Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £70,000 - £80,000 tax free, Kuwait
- Production Manager Pitch Consultants £25000 - £30000 per annum, Birmingham
- Content Director AF Selection £35,000 + Bonus + Benefits, Birmingham
- Advertising Operations Specialist Propel £24000 - £32000 per annum, City of London
- Campaign Viral Chart: Amazon's drones topple van Damme
- Shazam reveals most tagged ads of 2013
- Ogilvy poaches McDonald's creative director for Unilever role
- VCCP, MediaCom, Lida and SapientNitro among Campaign's Agencies of 2013
- More evidence of strong TV spend in second half of 2013
- New year's resolution: learn to code in 2014