Peroni launches 'timeless' five-minute cinema ad
By Sara Kimberley, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 06 August 2010 09:36AM
Peroni Nastro Azzurro has partnered with Italian film director Gabriele Muccino to launch a short film to be shown in cinemas.
The five-minute ad, "Senza Tempo", or "Timeless" in English, will launch in cinemas nationwide next month. Directed by Muccino, the man behind films 'The Pursuit of Happyness' and 'Seven Pounds', the stylish ad set in Rome tells the sad love story of a heartbroken director.
Narrated in Italian with English subtitles, the ad does not mention the Italian beer brand, opting instead to subtly feature product placement camera shots of Peroni. The ad also features Peroni bottle's iconic blue ribbon, which has been used in previous ad campaigns.
This is not the first time Peroni has collaborated with a famous name to convey the Italian sprit of the brand. Last year, the brand joined forces with Italian designer Antonio Berardi to create a collection of fashion items and a window display at Harrods. Beradi has created items such as a leather laptop case, a jewelled bottle opener and a kagoule, to support the beer brand.
The campaign, which is part of an Italian Film Festival, will also allow consumers to download free Italian films via video-on-demand movie site, Blinkbox.
Muccino said: "It is my pleasure to be working with a brand which is defined by similar values and shares my love of Italian film, through the 'Peroni Nastro Azzurro Accademia del Film' – a hugely worthwhile endeavour to share the values at the core of Italian film."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Junior Account Manager Purple Consultancy £24000 - £28000 per annum, London
- Account Manager Purple Consultancy £30000 - £35000 per annum, London
- Freelance Product Manager Purple Consultancy £350 - £450 per day, London
- Artworker - HTML, 6 month contract Network Career Consultants £35000 - £40000 per annum, London