Former TBWA creative head Al Young named Inferno ECD
By Sara Kimberley, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 12 August 2010 10:50AM
Inferno, the integrated agency, has appointed the former TBWA\London deputy executive creative director Al Young as its executive creative director.
Young, who joins Inferno next month, will head the agency's 25-strong creative department.
He will report to the Inferno founding partner and chief executive, Frazer Gibney, and sit on the agency's management board. Young will work alongside Inferno's managing director, Andy Cairns, who is a former TBWA colleague.
Young replaces Malcolm Caldwell, who left Inferno in May to pursue a career in Australia. Young's appointment at Inferno follows his departure from TBWA in June "by mutual consent" after three years at the agency.
He had joined TBWA in 2007 as a creative director and briefly took charge of the agency's creative department after the departure of the executive creative director, Steve Henry, in July 2008.
Before rejoining TBWA, where he had started his advertising career in 1988, Young was a creative director at FCB London, and had also worked at HHCL & Partners. While at HHCL, Young was named as a Campaign "Face to Watch" and was responsible for creating the award-winning "slap" TV ad for Tango.
Young said: "I chose to go to an independent rather than a network as Inferno is a fast-growing agency with an impressive client list."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Account Executive - Fantastic Digital / Integrated agency up to £22k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£22k, Surrey - Close to Guildford
- Global Senior Innovation Manager Ball & Hoolahan £60,000 per annum, South East region
- CRM / Subscriptions Executive Ball & Hoolahan £25,000 per annum, London
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £42,000 per annum + Car/Car Allowance, South East England
- Brand Executive - Hotels Ball & Hoolahan £27,000 per annum, South East region
- Campaign Viral Chart: Canadian airline's Christmas 'miracle' tops chart
- KFC unveils Twitter comp winner in X Factor ad
- EE uses Santa as a case study to promote 4G
- VCCP on becoming Advertising Agency of the Year
- Luca Lindner named as global president of McCann
- Chinese marketing company buys We Are Social