Fresh optimism for direct and digital agencies
By Campaign staff, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 12 August 2010 12:10PM
Leading direct, digital and sales promotion agencies are optimistic about the third quarter, with 87% confident that client budgets will stay the same or increase.
Of the 73 agencies surveyed by the Marketing Agencies Association Barometer, the majority of those forecasting an increase in client spend predicted that this will be in the region of 10% across the quarter.
Nearly 80% of agencies said they expect new-business opportunities to increase. Agency redundancies are less of a concern for many, with 91% of agencies predicting staff numbers will increase or stay the same.
Digital is expected to continue to be the biggest growth area, with 59% of agencies predicting digital spend to increase in the next quarter. More than 30% think spend will remain the same.
Some 28% of agencies said that DM spend would rise, while just 18% predicted an increase in adspend over the next quarter.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Copywriter - midweight to senior David Thatcher Recruitment £45-50k, London or Surrey
- Head of Art David Thatcher Recruitment £60-70k, Bristol
- Research Director - Consultancy Elizabeth Norman International £60000 - £70000 per annum + Bonus , London
- Senior Program Manager air recruitment Up to £75K (dependent on experience) plus benefits and bonuses, Central London