NI appoints VCCP to refresh pay-wall strategy
By Matt Williams, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 19 August 2010 08:00AM
News International, which is battling to attract readers to its Times and Sunday Times websites since putting them behind a pay-wall, has appointed VCCP to handle a social media campaign in a bid to build traffic.
The agency won the business without a pitch and will roll out its first project for the company later this year.
The campaign is understood to be based around a social media initiative that helps build up a stronger relationship with internet users who may have previously been sceptical about paying for online content.
NI erected a pay-wall for its Times and Sunday Times websites last month.
However, recent figures from comScore suggest the publisher has lost 1.2 million UK users across the two websites since the pay-wall was introduced. Despite this, NI is reported to be working on plans to put content from its News of the World site behind a pay-wall in October, with The Sun also set to follow suit.
CHI & Partners handles the advertising for The Times and last month launched an integrated campaign to promote the newspaper’s serialisation of Peter Mandelson’s book The Third Man. CHI’s relationship with NI is unaffected by VCCP’s appointment.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Propositions Marketing Manager Harvey Nash £35000 - £40000 per annum, Walsall
- Paid Social Manager Lipton Fleming £32000 - £42000 per annum + excellent benefits, London
- Events Marketing Manager Stopgap £40000 - £50000 per annum, London
- Agency Account Manager/Director (Outdoor) Lipton Fleming £30000.00 - £35000.00 per annum + 25% bonus, London
- Sorrell says Publicis / Omnicom's 'merger of equals' is 'impossible'
- Evian baby Spider-Man 'rescues' fans with Twitter answers
- YouTube reveals user habits to appeal to 'older' marketers
- Pitch update: eBay's media contest, DFS and 2 Sisters Food Group
- McCann wins Qatar Financial Centre brief
- Three's pony and cats with thumbs top the cute Easter ad chart