NI appoints VCCP to refresh pay-wall strategy
By Matt Williams, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 19 August 2010 08:00AM
News International, which is battling to attract readers to its Times and Sunday Times websites since putting them behind a pay-wall, has appointed VCCP to handle a social media campaign in a bid to build traffic.
The agency won the business without a pitch and will roll out its first project for the company later this year.
The campaign is understood to be based around a social media initiative that helps build up a stronger relationship with internet users who may have previously been sceptical about paying for online content.
NI erected a pay-wall for its Times and Sunday Times websites last month.
However, recent figures from comScore suggest the publisher has lost 1.2 million UK users across the two websites since the pay-wall was introduced. Despite this, NI is reported to be working on plans to put content from its News of the World site behind a pay-wall in October, with The Sun also set to follow suit.
CHI & Partners handles the advertising for The Times and last month launched an integrated campaign to promote the newspaper’s serialisation of Peter Mandelson’s book The Third Man. CHI’s relationship with NI is unaffected by VCCP’s appointment.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Account Manger - Marketing and Design Agency - Essex/Herts - £30k - NP072 Stonor £30k, West Essex
- Global Head of Investor Access Services EMR £80000 - £90000 per annum, City of London
- Social Media Executive, Luxury Travel, 6month FTC Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £20000 - £23000 per annum, Benefits: excellent benefits, Surrey
- Head of Product Management - Consumer Savings EMR £50000 - £55000 per annum + pension and benefits, City of London
- Kevin Bacon, Google Glass and Julian Assange: the SXSW weekend in tweets
- International Women's Day: "my gender is irrelevant" says Lisa Thomas
- Omnicom Media Group buys Mobile5
- BBH launches sport division with Lawrence Dallaglio
- IPA's 2014 Women of Tomorrow competition winners revealed
- HSBC launches Hong Kong Rugby Sevens push