GM's Chevy marque calls Euro ad review
By Sara Kimberley, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 26 August 2010 08:00AM
The General Motors-owned car marque Chevrolet is holding a pitch for its pan-European advertising business.
The car-maker, whose models include the Matiz and Aveo, has approached a number of agencies ahead of a pitch next month. It is unclear how the review will impact on the Chevrolet UK business but the winning agency is expected to create work to run across European markets.
In the past, Chevrolet has used StrawberryFrog in Amsterdam to handle its creative work in Europe. In 2007, the agency was responsible for the launch of the Aveo.
In the UK, GM has predominantly worked with the IPG-owned Lowe Worldwide on Chevrolet. The agency won the account in December 2006. Two years later, Chevrolet awarded its direct marketing account to DraftFCB, which also handles GM’s Vauxhall and Saab brands.
However, GM is increasingly using agencies outside of its roster for individual markets and brands.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Client Account Manager Content is King c. £25k per annum dependent on experience, SW1
- Shopper Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £45,000 + CA + benefits, South East
- Senior Brand Manager - Drinks Ball & Hoolahan £48,000 + CA + benefits, South East
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £60,000 + CA + benefits, London
- Majority of 15m Twitter users in the UK follow a newspaper
- OgilvyOne loses BA business
- Iris and Cheil big winners at MAA Best Awards
- Campaign Viral Chart: Pepsi tops Coke with Jeff Gordon test drive
- International Women's Day: 'You make your own luck' says Cheryl Giovannoni
- Twitter attracts more ads, but rates tumble 67%