Eurostar holds talks for Olympic ad brief
By Matt Williams, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 26 August 2010 08:00AM
Eurostar is talking to its roster agencies about a brief for the advertising around its sponsorship of the 2012 London Olympics.
The rail operator has asked Fallon, TBWA\Brussels and the Paris-based Leg to pitch for the project, which will incorporate all of the company’s marketing activity in the run-up to and during the Games.
Eurostar announced in May that it had signed up to become the official international rail services provider for London 2012. The deal means that the rail operator will become a tier-three sponsor of the Games and will be entitled to use London 2012 branding on its products.
In the UK, Eurostar has worked with Fallon on its advertising since 2007. The agency recently produced the company’s first UK TV ad campaign in three years as part of an effort to convince more consumers to explore Europe by rail.
The ad, called "Exploring is beautiful", tracks a young girl as she travels across a city attempting to speak to animals.
TBWA\Brussels is Eurostar’s current incumbent ad agency in Belgium. The agency recently launched a press and outdoor campaign for the brand called "London Virus", which featured images of travellers that had been transformed into London landmarks.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Digital Designer PFJ £23000.00 - £26000.00 per annum + benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Marketing Director - International Health, Fitness and Racquets Operator Portfolio Sport £80,000 - £90,000 basic + bonus, Hatfield, Hertfordshire
- European Category Development Manager Brand Recruitment Salary dependent of experience + excellent benefits, Hertfordshire
- Account Manager - ATL / Integrated - c£32k - Iconic Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd c£32k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Samsung calls global advertising and media review
- British Airways moves paid search account to Forward3D
- M&C Saatchi's Enyi Nwosu takes global role at Mindshare
- Watch the first YouTube clip, nine years on
- Post Office reviews advertising, DM and digital accounts
- Karmarama grabs Coppafeel! breast cancer charity account