IPA goes 'legal' with ex-legal chief Palomba
By Ian Darby, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 26 August 2010 08:00AM
London's High Court played host last week to the ironic spectacle of the IPA taking legal action against Marina Palomba, its ex-legal director.
Details of last Thursday’s events remain under wraps thanks to legal restrictions, but Campaign is allowed to report that the IPA’s application against Palomba was dismissed with costs.
The IPA’s action against Palomba follows her departure from the IPA in December. She has since launched a marketing practice at the legal giant Reed Smith and has been joined by two former IPA colleagues.
Since her departure, the IPA has struggled to rebuild its in-house legal team. In April, it appointed Elaine Hutton as its legal director, but she left after just two months.
The IPA then drafted in the law firm Lewis Silkin to deal with legal enquiries from its members but is attempting to recruit its third legal director in less than a year.
Hamish Pringle, the IPA director-general, said it was "very close" to appointing a legal director and a senior legal manager to provide support to members.
Pringle and Palomba declined to comment on the court case.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Digital Insight Manager Brand Recruitment £35000 per annum, Stevenage
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £42,000 p/a, South West
- Head of Digital PSD Group Up to £80,000 + Car, Bonus and Benefits, London
- Brand & Advertising Manager Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £60000 - £70000 per annum, Northamptonshire
- Evian baby Spider-Man 'rescues' fans with Twitter answers
- YouTube reveals user habits to appeal to 'older' marketers
- Pitch update: eBay's media contest, DFS and 2 Sisters Food Group
- McCann wins Qatar Financial Centre brief
- Three's pony and cats with thumbs top the cute Easter ad chart
- Metro launches content agency