LBi to petition David Cameron with bee beard
LBi has come up with a novel way to draw the prime minister's attention to the declining UK honey bee population by giving him a virtual "bee beard" that doubles as a petition.
The agency has created a website called Cameronsbeebeard.com, which is designed to gather signatures for the petition via Twitter.
Every time someone tweets their support an animated bee joins Cameron's bee beard.
Once the site collects 10,000 messages, LBi will present the petition to 10 Downing Street.
The site also provides tips on how individuals can help the burgeoning bee population.
The honey bee population in the UK has decreased by 30%, which has implications for agricultural industry as they pollinate over a third of the UK’s food crop.
The British Beekeepers Association estimates that another £8m of Government funding is needed to finance a research programme to help improve bee health.
Digital production company Your Mum created the site for LBi.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Account Director - Arts Clients PFJ £40000.00 - £45000.00 per annum, London
- AV Account Director (contract) PFJ £35000.00 - £43000.00 per annum, London
- Consumer Insight Manager Jarlett de Grouchy £32000 - £35000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits, London
- Digital Account Manager Dot-Gap £40k, Central London