Littlewoods launches first TV ad starring Coleen Rooney
By Sara Kimberley, campaignlive.co.uk, Wednesday, 01 September 2010 12:01AM
Coleen Rooney features as a fashion boot-camp officer in her first ad for Littlewoods.com, which aims to get viewers to text in to 'enrol' with the brand.
The ‘Nice Boots Camp’ spot, created by Leo Burnett, will run for six weeks in 60-second and 40-second versions. With Nancy Sinatra’s song ‘These Boots Are Made for Walking’ as the soundtrack, the ad shows Rooney and her band of sergeants putting some new recruits through their fashion paces.
Girls are seen polishing high heels in the barracks, practising how to ‘change arms’ with handbags, taking on an assault course and learning how to march in time in their heels. The ad finishes with the standard passing out parade and the girls all looking fashionable wearing Littlewoods’ clothing and products.
Viewers are encouraged to ‘Enrol in Nice Boots Camp’ and are directed to the Littlewoods website where there will be competitions, music downloads and fashion advice from Rooney.
Rooney said: "This is my first TV ad for Littlewoods and I really enjoyed making it. I loved the way that the ad features such a wide variety of real women and shows some of my favourite pieces from the Littlewoods collection."
Shop Direct Group’s retail director, Gareth Jones commented: "Coleen has proved to be an inspirational style ambassador for Littlewoods."
The TV campaign will be supported by digital display banners and a press campaign.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Account Planners Stopgap £40000 - £65000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Planner Bray Leino Competitive, Bristol, City of Bristol
- Art Director createselect Up to £40K pa, depending on experience, London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater)
- DM Account / Senior Manager Â– Not for profit / Charity sector ADLIB £Dependent on experience , South West England / Gloucestershire
- Samsung calls global advertising and media review
- British Airways moves paid search account to Forward3D
- M&C Saatchi's Enyi Nwosu takes global role at Mindshare
- Post Office reviews advertising, DM and digital accounts
- Watch the first YouTube clip, nine years on
- Karmarama grabs Coppafeel! breast cancer charity account