Littlewoods launches first TV ad starring Coleen Rooney
By Sara Kimberley, campaignlive.co.uk, Wednesday, 01 September 2010 12:01AM
Coleen Rooney features as a fashion boot-camp officer in her first ad for Littlewoods.com, which aims to get viewers to text in to 'enrol' with the brand.
The ‘Nice Boots Camp’ spot, created by Leo Burnett, will run for six weeks in 60-second and 40-second versions. With Nancy Sinatra’s song ‘These Boots Are Made for Walking’ as the soundtrack, the ad shows Rooney and her band of sergeants putting some new recruits through their fashion paces.
Girls are seen polishing high heels in the barracks, practising how to ‘change arms’ with handbags, taking on an assault course and learning how to march in time in their heels. The ad finishes with the standard passing out parade and the girls all looking fashionable wearing Littlewoods’ clothing and products.
Viewers are encouraged to ‘Enrol in Nice Boots Camp’ and are directed to the Littlewoods website where there will be competitions, music downloads and fashion advice from Rooney.
Rooney said: "This is my first TV ad for Littlewoods and I really enjoyed making it. I loved the way that the ad features such a wide variety of real women and shows some of my favourite pieces from the Littlewoods collection."
Shop Direct Group’s retail director, Gareth Jones commented: "Coleen has proved to be an inspirational style ambassador for Littlewoods."
The TV campaign will be supported by digital display banners and a press campaign.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Lead Graphic Designer / Creative Designer Guru Careers £35 - 40k, Based in London (EC1)
- Freelance ATL Account Manager Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £150 - £190 per day, London
- Head of Marketing & Sales Stopgap £35000 per annum, London
- Display Account Manager- Print and Digital £35K Ultimate Asset £30000 - £35000 per annum, London
- Cobra introduces bra-making brewer 'The Boss'
- Majority of 15m Twitter users in the UK follow a newspaper
- OgilvyOne loses BA business
- Hooch appoints More and MJ Media for Keith Lemon campaign
- Iris and Cheil big winners at MAA Best Awards
- Campaign Viral Chart: Pepsi tops Coke with Jeff Gordon test drive