Sport magazine trials distribution outside London
By John Reynolds, campaignlive.co.uk, Tuesday, 31 August 2010 03:06PM
UTV Media is set to extend the distribution of its free weekly Sport magazine outside London and into Manchester and Birmingham.
UTV Media, which also owns the TalkSport radio station, is to carry out hand-distribution trials in the two cities.
It is also considering launching the title in the Republic of Ireland, where UTV already runs a number of radio stations.
The move will mark its first major distribution push since UTV Media acquired the free weekly title from Sport Media & Strategie in May last year, after the French company fell into administration.
It mirrors similar expansionary moves by ShortList Media, which now publishes its free weekly title ShortList in a number of cities across the UK, including Manchester, Birmingham and Glasgow.
No details of the scale of Sport's potential operations in Manchester and Birmingham have been disclosed.
However, unlike ShortList, Sport is likely to run its operations in Manchester and Birmingham solely by hand distribution. ShortList also distributes through direct channels, such as airports.
Today’s financial results disclosed by UTV Media revealed that Sport, which was loss-making under its previous owner, has now reported an operating profit of £3.2m in the six months to 30 June.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Group Insight Director, Technology & Financial Jarlett de Grouchy £65000.00 - £80000.00 per annum + bonus, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Commercial Head of Branded Content-Established Digital Business Ultimate Asset £65000 - £76000 per annum + bonus and huge benefits , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Sales Executive - Performance & Brand - Emerging Tech Ultimate Asset £40000 - £50000 per annum + commission & excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Content Strategist Zebra People £300 - £400 per day, London (East), London (Greater)
- Samsung calls global advertising and media review
- British Airways moves paid search account to Forward3D
- Watch the first YouTube clip, nine years on
- M&C Saatchi's Enyi Nwosu takes global role at Mindshare
- Post Office reviews advertising, DM and digital accounts
- Karmarama grabs Coppafeel! breast cancer charity account