In association with
Ikea 'happy inside' by Mother London
Campaign Work, Thursday, 09 September 2010 10:23AM
Mother London released a hundred cats in IKEA's Wembley store and filmed the results for a TV ad campaign, its first since winning the account in January.
The campaign introduces a new brand positioning with the new strapline ‘happy inside’ and announces the 2011 catalogue launch.
The film shows real footage of the cats exploring the store and furniture and uses no CGI.
It breaks during ITV1’s The X Factor this Saturday in a 60-second version. A 90-second version will be shown in cinemas and online.
The campaign includes a Facebook-linked competition where users have to guess which pieces of furniture the cats in the ad settled themselves down on, to win the furniture in question. The competition microsite at www.ikea.co.uk/cats also features a short documentary about the owners of the cats and a "making of" film.
This article was first published on Campaign Work
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Account Director / Junior Account Director - [Shopper / Broadcast] - Superb agency! Fill Recruitment Ltd to £45k plus exciting benefits, London
- Qualitative Research Director, Consumer Research Jarlett de Grouchy £40000.00 - £55000.00 per annum + car allowance, bonus, London
- Insight Executive/Manager, FMCG Jarlett de Grouchy £23000.00 - £28000.00 per annum, London
- Category Insight Manager, FMCG Jarlett de Grouchy £33000 - £38000 per annum + car allowance+ bonus, Berkshire
- OgilvyOne loses BA business
- Campaign Viral Chart: Pepsi tops Coke with Jeff Gordon test drive
- Iris and Cheil big winners at MAA Best Awards
- Twitter attracts more ads, but rates tumble 67%
- Greenpeace protests outside Saatchi & Saatchi London office
- Facebook research finds 42% switch device mid-activity