In association with
Honey Monster Foods 'Honey Waffles' by Rainey Kelly Campbell Roalfe/Y&R
Campaign Work, Wednesday, 15 September 2010 11:10AM
The iconic Honey Monster is returning to UK TV screens for the first time since 2008 to help promote the Honey Waffles cereal brand.
The TV ad, the first created by Rainey Kelly Campbell Roalfe/Y&R since it won the business in March, sees the mascot cause chaos in someone’s house as he searches for his beloved Honey Waffles.
As the owners return home, the Honey Monster quickly hides, and the resulting mess that has been caused is instead blamed on the family dog.
The spot ends with the mascot whispering the iconic line: "Don’t tell ‘em about the honey, mummy", a nod to the brand’s original 1970s endline.
Garth Jennings, the man behind Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy and Son of Rambow, directed the ad.
This article was first published on Campaign Work
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Business Director Direct Recruitment £80,000 + Bens, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Manager Direct Recruitment £28,000 - £32,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Director Direct Recruitment £45,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager Direct Recruitment £32,000 +, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Samsung calls global advertising and media review
- Watch the first YouTube clip, nine years on
- British Airways moves paid search account to Forward3D
- M&C Saatchi's Enyi Nwosu takes global role at Mindshare
- Post Office reviews advertising, DM and digital accounts
- Yahoo hosts exclusive X-Men: Days of Future Past films