TV ad market could be up 13 per cent in 2010
By Maisie McCabe, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 16 September 2010 11:15AM
Media agencies expect the UK TV ad market to be up around 12 to 13 per cent year on year in 2010, making it worth more than £4.1 billion, with TV the only medium to be up on 2008 levels.
Year-on-year comparisons in November and December are tougher because of the rebound in the TV ad market in the last six weeks of 2009, but the fourth quarter is still expected to be up around 4 to 6 per cent.
According to figures from the Advertising Association, the TV ad market was worth £3.7 billion in 2009, down 9.8 per cent year on year. The most recent forecast from the AA suggests the market will be up 9 per cent at £4 billion.
A senior media agency figure said: "TV will be the only medium to have a positive result against 2008 numbers. The overall media market will still be down on 2008 because 2009 saw such a decline."
Media agencies expect the TV ad market to be up around 4 to 8 per cent year on year in November and up around 4 per cent in December.
Some agency groups are suggesting that Sky Media's TV ad revenue could be up as much as 30 per cent. ITV and ids are also expected to be ahead of the market.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Account Manager - Integrated / Retail - Excellent agency - to 32k Fill Recruitment £28k - £32k, plus superb benefits and bonus opps, London (Greater)
- Account Manager - Direct Marketing [Charity] - Superb London Agency - £28k - £32k Fill Recruitment £28k - £32k, plus benefits., London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Account Director - INTEGRATED / Retail - £60k - £65k plus bonus. Fill Recruitment £60k - £65k plus superb benefits and bonus, London
- Business Director (CRM and Data) Direct Recruitment £75K-£85K, London (Central), London (Greater)