Thomson Reuters to launch Eikon ad campaign
Thomson Reuters is set to launch its largest marketing campaign in its 159-year-old history to promote the launch of its new financial desktop, Thomson Reuters Eikon.
The global business information provider is launching its new platform in London and 13 other major cities from Monday (20 September).
Created by New York ad agency Gardner Nelson and Partners, in collaboration with Jack Morton in London, the campaign combines print, digital, broadcast and outdoor advertising.
The multimillion-pound activity has been valued unofficially in the region of £8m, and ads will feature the tagline "New Era. New Tools".
In addition, there will be experiential activity, including a two-metre high "Digital Forest" installation outside Canary Wharf Station and New York’s Stock Exchange, and a series of live events, an online game, and a competition to win a place on an expedition to the South Pole.
Thomson Reuters Eikon will redefine how financial professionals work by placing the most comprehensive market information, news, analytics and trading tools available into a desktop as simple to use and as collaborative as the Internet.
It claims to catapult market data into the 21st century and leverages information into easy-to-use, web-style search, aggregates the best of social networking technology, and allows for seamless mobile interchange from the office, home or while on the move.
Eikon is available on multiple computer platforms, Blackberry and iPhone devices, with a single sign-on to access information anywhere, at anytime.
The launch of Thomson Reuters Eikon marks the third component of the company’s aim to provide today’s financial professionals with new tools to thrive in a new era.
Devin Wenig, chief executive of Thomson Reuters Markets, said: "Today's generation of financial professionals demand tools that are intuitive, rich in data and analytics, and highly connected, to give them an edge.
"Eikon is a fundamental shift for our company and our industry. It will constantly adapt to help customers thrive in this new era. The launch signifies another key milestone in our strategy to build an open and connected global financial community."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Online Marketing Executive Stopgap £25000 - £26000 per annum, Epsom
- Marketing Executive - Automotive Stopgap £25000 - £30000 per annum, Epsom
- Senior Content Strategy Manager EMR £65000 - £70000 per annum, Surrey
- CRM Analyst EMR £50000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Group M wins Vodafone's £600m media account
- Google becomes major UK advertiser after boosting spend by 50% in 2013
- Campaign Viral Chart: Evian's Spider-Man tops chart in week of movie premiere
- M&S moves £60m media account to Mindshare
- Unilever pilots multi-brand advertising with YouTube beauty channel
- MEC boss Courtier hails £600m Vodafone media win as 'life changing'