SimonSeeks plots launch campaign
By Anne Cassidy, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 23 September 2010 12:12AM
Simon Nixon, the co-founder of Moneysupermarket.com, is looking for an ad agency to create a launch campaign for his new travel website, SimonSeeks.com.
Agencies have been contacted directly and invited to pitch for the business.
SimonSeeks.com, billed as a cross between Time Out and TripAdvisor, was launched in beta mode last year. An ad campaign is scheduled for January 2011.
The site, which hosts travel advice from journalists and celebrities, encourages users to book flights, hotels and car hire via partners such as Lastminute.com and eBookers.com. When a customer makes a booking, SimonSeeks splits the commission with the writer of the review that prompted the booking.
Nixon stepped down as the Moneysupermarket chief executive in 2008, but retains a 54 per cent stake in the business. He co-founded the site in 1999 and floated it in 2007 for £850 million, which earned him £103 million.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Category Insight Manager - 12 mths contract Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment c.£50K-£56K + Benefits + Generous Bonus, Herts/North of London
- Senior Digital Delivery Manager Harvey Nash £55000 per annum + package, Nottingham
- Assistant Buyer - Global Tech Brand Aquent Up to £49,000 Dependent on Skills and experience, London
- Senior Digital Operations Manager Harvey Nash £50000 per annum + package, Nottingham
- Evian baby Spider-Man 'rescues' fans with Twitter answers
- YouTube reveals user habits to appeal to 'older' marketers
- Pitch update: eBay's media contest, DFS and 2 Sisters Food Group
- Three's pony and cats with thumbs top the cute Easter ad chart
- McCann wins Qatar Financial Centre brief
- Metro launches content agency