Champagne Jacuzzi earns Virgin Holidays ad ban
The ASA has banned a poster ad in Virgin Holidays "Rockstar service" campaign, after one person complained it promoted the misuse of alcohol.
The poster showed the band featured in the campaign drinking champagne in a Jacuzzi, as well as displaying a number of empty bottles and classes.
One of the rock stars and a female staff member were pouring champagne into the Jacuzzi.
The text stated: "Rockstar Service. Book a stunning Hip Hotel in one of the world's most incredible destinations and Virgin Holidays' unique Travel Guru service will ensure your every desire is met."
The ASA disapproved of the ad, saying it "indicated a casual attitude to the handling and consumption of alcohol" and was likely to appeal people under 18.
Virgin Holidays said a Jacuzzi filled with champagne was an example of the most outlandish and decandent requests that someone might make of the service, exaggerated to show the level of service provided.
The ASA ruled the ad must not appear again and advised Virgin to take more care when they featured the use of alcohol in future ads.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Marketing & Research Manager - $1.8b Global Publisher Recruitment Revolution Excellent Salary + Bonus Potential + Full Corporate Benefits Package, Chichester
- CRM Manager - Iconic London Brand Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £40K-£60K + Benefits Package, Central London
- Senior Marketing & New Business Manager Dynamic New Alliances £32000.00 - £45000.00 per annum + Benefits, City of London
- Visual Merchandising Manager (Retail, Fashion, Creative, VM) Creative Recruitment £35000 - £40000 per annum + Negotiable, Hertfordshire