Champagne Jacuzzi earns Virgin Holidays ad ban
By Daniel Farey-Jones, campaignlive.co.uk, Wednesday, 29 September 2010 09:56AM
The ASA has banned a poster ad in Virgin Holidays "Rockstar service" campaign, after one person complained it promoted the misuse of alcohol.
The poster showed the band featured in the campaign drinking champagne in a Jacuzzi, as well as displaying a number of empty bottles and classes.
One of the rock stars and a female staff member were pouring champagne into the Jacuzzi.
The text stated: "Rockstar Service. Book a stunning Hip Hotel in one of the world's most incredible destinations and Virgin Holidays' unique Travel Guru service will ensure your every desire is met."
The ASA disapproved of the ad, saying it "indicated a casual attitude to the handling and consumption of alcohol" and was likely to appeal people under 18.
Virgin Holidays said a Jacuzzi filled with champagne was an example of the most outlandish and decandent requests that someone might make of the service, exaggerated to show the level of service provided.
The ASA ruled the ad must not appear again and advised Virgin to take more care when they featured the use of alcohol in future ads.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Group Insight Director, Technology & Financial Jarlett de Grouchy £65000.00 - £80000.00 per annum + bonus, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Commercial Head of Branded Content-Established Digital Business Ultimate Asset £65000 - £76000 per annum + bonus and huge benefits , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Sales Executive - Performance & Brand - Emerging Tech Ultimate Asset £40000 - £50000 per annum + commission & excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Content Strategist Zebra People £300 - £400 per day, London (East), London (Greater)
- Samsung calls global advertising and media review
- British Airways moves paid search account to Forward3D
- Watch the first YouTube clip, nine years on
- M&C Saatchi's Enyi Nwosu takes global role at Mindshare
- Post Office reviews advertising, DM and digital accounts
- Karmarama grabs Coppafeel! breast cancer charity account