Big Al's and the7stars land Blinkbox briefs
By Matt Williams, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 08 October 2010 11:09AM
Blinkbox, the online video-on-demand service, has appointed Big Al's Creative Emporium to handle its advertising account and the7stars to oversee its media planning and buying duties.
The appointments mark the first time Blinkbox has held retained agency relationships and follows a pitch process handled by Adrian Letts, the chief operating officer at Blinkbox, and Alice Gaffney, the website's marketing manager.
The majority of Blinkbox's advertising work has previously been handled in-house but the company has decided to hire a creative agency after a period of sustained growth that has seen the site's number of unique users increase by more than 75% to 1.6 million since November 2009.
Blinkbox offers a catalogue of more than 6,000 films and TV titles, many of which are available free of charge, including new releases such as 'Date Night', 'Tooth Fairy' and 'Hot Tub Time Machine'.
The website recently signed a deal with YouTube to provide 165 films for its new movies' section. It also has a deal with Samsung that allows customers to watch Blinkbox content on all internet-enabled Samsung TVs.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Digital Executive - Fluent French & Dutch Barclay Meade £200 - £250 per day, Berkshire
- SEO Consultant The Little Black Book Agency £20000 - £25000 per annum, Greater Manchester
- Interactive / Digital Designer The Little Black Book Agency £25000 - £35000 per annum, Greater Manchester
- Digital Account Executive The Little Black Book Agency £16000 - £18000 per annum, Lancashire
- Samsung calls global advertising and media review
- British Airways moves paid search account to Forward3D
- Watch the first YouTube clip, nine years on
- M&C Saatchi's Enyi Nwosu takes global role at Mindshare
- Post Office reviews advertising, DM and digital accounts
- Karmarama grabs Coppafeel! breast cancer charity account