L'Oréal reviews European digital media
By Katherine Levy, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 14 October 2010 08:00AM
L'Oréal, the French cosmetics giant, is reviewing its digital media planning and buying business in Western Europe as it looks to ramp up its digital spend.
Agency sources said the company has invited agencies to pitch for the business, which is expected to cover key markets in Europe, including the UK.
Samantha Daude, the director of new media and CRM worldwide at L’Oréal, is said to be leading the review from the company’s HQ in France, with meetings starting this week.
As well as the main L’Oréal Paris brand, the company also owns Maybelline and Garnier, and has a luxury product division that includes brands such as Lancôme and Guy Laroche. The focus of agency presentations is expected to be on the luxury brands.
ZenithOptimedia handles the bulk of L’Oréal’s media buying in the region, including the £74 million UK account.
The digital media review in Europe follows a consolidation of L’Oréal’s US media buying account into Universal McCann after a pitch against ZenithOptimedia.
L’Oréal has since launched a review of its media account in Australia, which is also split between Universal McCann and ZenithOptimedia.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Paid Social Manager Lipton Fleming £32000 - £42000 per annum + excellent benefits, London
- Events Marketing Manager Stopgap £40000 - £50000 per annum, London
- Agency Account Manager/Director (Outdoor) Lipton Fleming £30000.00 - £35000.00 per annum + 25% bonus, London
- Head of Brand Marketing Stopgap £60000 - £70000 per annum + benefits, Surrey
- Sorrell says Publicis / Omnicom's 'merger of equals' is 'impossible'
- Evian baby Spider-Man 'rescues' fans with Twitter answers
- YouTube reveals user habits to appeal to 'older' marketers
- Pitch update: eBay's media contest, DFS and 2 Sisters Food Group
- McCann wins Qatar Financial Centre brief
- Three's pony and cats with thumbs top the cute Easter ad chart