L'Oréal reviews European digital media
By Katherine Levy, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 14 October 2010 08:00AM
L'Oréal, the French cosmetics giant, is reviewing its digital media planning and buying business in Western Europe as it looks to ramp up its digital spend.
Agency sources said the company has invited agencies to pitch for the business, which is expected to cover key markets in Europe, including the UK.
Samantha Daude, the director of new media and CRM worldwide at L’Oréal, is said to be leading the review from the company’s HQ in France, with meetings starting this week.
As well as the main L’Oréal Paris brand, the company also owns Maybelline and Garnier, and has a luxury product division that includes brands such as Lancôme and Guy Laroche. The focus of agency presentations is expected to be on the luxury brands.
ZenithOptimedia handles the bulk of L’Oréal’s media buying in the region, including the £74 million UK account.
The digital media review in Europe follows a consolidation of L’Oréal’s US media buying account into Universal McCann after a pitch against ZenithOptimedia.
L’Oréal has since launched a review of its media account in Australia, which is also split between Universal McCann and ZenithOptimedia.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Midweight 3D designer Aquent £25-£35k, West London
- Senior Account Manager AF Selection Up to £32,000, Manchester
- Brand Manager - Leading Entertainment Company f1 Recruitment £40,000, Central London
- Digital Account Manager - Leading experience design agency. Zebra People £30000 - £35000 per annum, London
- VCCP, MediaCom, Lida and SapientNitro among Campaign's Agencies of 2013
- Ogilvy poaches McDonald's creative director for Unilever role
- More evidence of strong TV spend in second half of 2013
- New year's resolution: learn to code in 2014
- Evian tops YouTube 2013 ad leaderboard
- Watch: The Economist's interactive Nelson Mandela film