Homebase hunts social media shop
By Sara Kimberley, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 21 October 2010 09:00AM
Homebase, the homes and garden superstore retailer, is looking to appoint its first agency dedicated to working on social media activity.
The retailer is holding a pitch for the new account, through the AAR, which will involve Leo Burnett, its advertising agency, and glue Isobar.
Homebase's search for an agency follows its first foray into social media earlier this year through the launch of its online gardening community site, Get into Gardening.
The site, through which consumers can buy items from the retailer, aims to encourage people to improve their outdoor space. Social media activity on Facebook was handled by Meteorite, which oversees the company's below-the-line activity.
The pitch follows the conclusion of sister brand Argos' first social media review, which resulted in the appointment of its ad agency, CHI & Partners, to the account.
Homebase and Argos are part of the Home Retail Group.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Project Manager / Account Manager Story Recruitment £30-38k dep on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Business Director Direct Recruitment £80,000 + Bens, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Manager Direct Recruitment £28,000 - £32,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Director Direct Recruitment £45,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Samsung calls global advertising and media review
- Watch the first YouTube clip, nine years on
- British Airways moves paid search account to Forward3D
- M&C Saatchi's Enyi Nwosu takes global role at Mindshare
- Post Office reviews advertising, DM and digital accounts
- Yahoo hosts exclusive X-Men: Days of Future Past films