Homebase hunts social media shop
By Sara Kimberley, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 21 October 2010 09:00AM
Homebase, the homes and garden superstore retailer, is looking to appoint its first agency dedicated to working on social media activity.
The retailer is holding a pitch for the new account, through the AAR, which will involve Leo Burnett, its advertising agency, and glue Isobar.
Homebase's search for an agency follows its first foray into social media earlier this year through the launch of its online gardening community site, Get into Gardening.
The site, through which consumers can buy items from the retailer, aims to encourage people to improve their outdoor space. Social media activity on Facebook was handled by Meteorite, which oversees the company's below-the-line activity.
The pitch follows the conclusion of sister brand Argos' first social media review, which resulted in the appointment of its ad agency, CHI & Partners, to the account.
Homebase and Argos are part of the Home Retail Group.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- eCRM Campaign Manager PFJ £200 - £300 per day, London
- EMEA Marcomms Manager Barclay Meade £40000 - £45000 per annum + bonus + benefits, London
- Planner - MW Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £30000 - £40000 per annum, Benefits: A host of company benefits, London
- Account Executive Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £19000 - £24000 per annum, Surrey
- Evian baby Spider-Man 'rescues' fans with Twitter answers
- YouTube reveals user habits to appeal to 'older' marketers
- Pitch update: eBay's media contest, DFS and 2 Sisters Food Group
- McCann wins Qatar Financial Centre brief
- Three's pony and cats with thumbs top the cute Easter ad chart
- Metro launches content agency