Close-up: The Hot Seat - Paul Frampton, Managing director, MPG Media Contacts
campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 15 October 2010 12:00AM
Name: Paul Frampton
Job: Managing director, MPG Media Contacts
- You've got five hours left before the world explodes. What do you do?
Hmmm ... a toss-up between hiring an industrial drill to dig out a hundred feet bunker below the ground and necking six bottles of Cloudy Bay looking over the ocean.
- What's your best joke?
A guy shows up late for work. The boss yells: "You should've been here at 8:30!" The guy replies: "Why? What happened at 8:30?"
- What's your biggest fear?
- When did you last cry and why?
When Man Utd won the Champions League (and I foolishly bought the whole pub Champagne).
- Who is your hero?
Bryan Robson - the footballer with more injuries to his name than any other!
- Name one thing about yourself that few people know.
- What's the worst thing about your job?
It's based indoors; "ain't no sunshine".
- What do you see when you look in the mirror?
Too many grey hairs and black bags under my eyes.
- Which historical figure do you most identify with and why?
Shakespeare. The ultimate wordsmith; words are everything.
- If you had a trained monkey, what would you make it do?
Attack traffic wardens.
- If your office was burning down, what object would you save and why?
My PA, Amy.
- Are you happy?
Yes. I have a wonderful wife, three amazing kids, a beach hut and an Audi TT. Mission complete.
- What would you do if you were invisible for the day?
Make a visit to each of my competitors' offices. Sit in on a pitch, sift through their accounts and rising stars' HR records and unplug the servers before I leave.
- What's your most evocative childhood memory?
Watching fireworks sitting on a speedboat on Lake Maggiore.
- What's your most irritating habit?
Writing essays on my BlackBerry.
- What belief do you hold most strongly?
I'm a good Irish Catholic.
- What's on your iPod most-played list?
Right now: Owl City, John Mayer, UB40 and Timbaland.
- What do you wear in bed?
Something comfy or nothing at all.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- E-Commerce Manager Stopgap £45000 per annum, South East England
- Freelance Account Managers / Senior Account Managers, £NEG Fill Recruitment Ltd Negotiable, London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £58,000 per annum, London
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £70,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London