Covonia launches TV ad with a thump
By Sara Kimberley, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 22 October 2010 09:20AM
Cough and cold medicine brand Covonia is launching its biggest TV campaign to date.
The ad, created by Bray Leino, continues to feature the voice of TV chef Ainsley Harriott as its brand mascot, a red bull called Stan. The brand continues with its message of being a medicine with "clout" and shows Stan bursting through walls to supply relief to cold sufferers.
The 10 and 20-second ads show a young man coughing while walking down the street. Stan then bursts through a wall to give him a Covonia cough lozenge, creating a gaping hole in a wall and exposing a granny in her sitting room.
A spokesperson for Covonia said: "For 12 years, Stan the Bull has made 'Cough Medicine with Clout' famous and helped Covonia grow to become the second biggest selling cough medicine in the UK.
"Our new ads build on everything that helped grow the brand, mixing live action with great CG animation of Stan and a wry touch of humour. We think they’ll have more Clout than ever."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Brand Manager - Leading Entertainment Company f1 Recruitment £40,000, Central London
- Digital Account Manager - Leading experience design agency. Zebra People £30000 - £35000 per annum, London
- .Net Developer - Agency Role - ASP.Net, .Net 4.0, CMS, Umbraco Digital Gurus £35000 - £50000 per annum + benefits, London
- Freelance Account Manager for award winning integrated agency! Zebra People £180 - £220 per day, East London
- VCCP, MediaCom, Lida and SapientNitro among Campaign's Agencies of 2013
- Ogilvy poaches McDonald's creative director for Unilever role
- More evidence of strong TV spend in second half of 2013
- New year's resolution: learn to code in 2014
- Evian tops YouTube 2013 ad leaderboard
- Watch: The Economist's interactive Nelson Mandela film