Covonia launches TV ad with a thump
By Sara Kimberley, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 22 October 2010 09:20AM
Cough and cold medicine brand Covonia is launching its biggest TV campaign to date.
The ad, created by Bray Leino, continues to feature the voice of TV chef Ainsley Harriott as its brand mascot, a red bull called Stan. The brand continues with its message of being a medicine with "clout" and shows Stan bursting through walls to supply relief to cold sufferers.
The 10 and 20-second ads show a young man coughing while walking down the street. Stan then bursts through a wall to give him a Covonia cough lozenge, creating a gaping hole in a wall and exposing a granny in her sitting room.
A spokesperson for Covonia said: "For 12 years, Stan the Bull has made 'Cough Medicine with Clout' famous and helped Covonia grow to become the second biggest selling cough medicine in the UK.
"Our new ads build on everything that helped grow the brand, mixing live action with great CG animation of Stan and a wry touch of humour. We think they’ll have more Clout than ever."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Project Manager / Account Manager Story Recruitment £30-38k dep on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Business Director Direct Recruitment £80,000 + Bens, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Manager Direct Recruitment £28,000 - £32,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Director Direct Recruitment £45,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Samsung calls global advertising and media review
- Watch the first YouTube clip, nine years on
- British Airways moves paid search account to Forward3D
- M&C Saatchi's Enyi Nwosu takes global role at Mindshare
- Post Office reviews advertising, DM and digital accounts
- Yahoo hosts exclusive X-Men: Days of Future Past films