Future targets Xbox mag subscribers with personalised ads
By Ben Bold, campaignlive.co.uk, Wednesday, 27 October 2010 02:50PM
Computer games magazine publisher Future is promoting the launch of 'Fable III' on the Xbox 360 with a series of personalised press ads aimed at magazine subscribers.
Subscribers to Future’s Xbox 360: Official Xbox Magazine and Xbox World 360 will find the back-page spread and back page of their December issues carrying three ads for Microsoft Game Studio’s 'Fable III' addressing them with their full name.
Two of the executions feature a different leader of the game’s warring factions (Royals and Rebels), making a personal call-to-arms to the subscriber; while the back page carries a Lord Kitchener-esque plea from the King of Albion, saying: "Albion Needs…" followed by the name of the subscriber.
The ads promote 'Fable III: Kingmaker', a smartphone variation on the main game that allows users to battle on either side, capture territory and earn gold. Winnings can then be spent in the full version of the console game.
The idea was developed in a collaboration involving ad agency McCann Erickson, Future’s in-house creative solutions team, its ad sales team and Future360, the publisher’s cross-media creative division.
Simon Maxwell, the group publisher of Future’s entertainment portfolio, said: "We’re delighted to have worked with McCann Erickson on this creative campaign and judging by the response from gamers posting photos and tweeting about receiving their personalised issues within moments of it dropping through their letterbox, they love this very direct communication."
Fable III goes on sale in the UK on 29 October.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Senior CRM Planner Direct Recruitment £80,000 - £95,000, Central London
- Planner Direct Recruitment Up to 60k plus benefits, Central London
- Junior Recruitment Consultant, Insight Team Hasson Associates £Competitive , Central London
- UK Digital Lead Hasson Associates £70,000 - £83,000, Central London
- Campaign Viral Chart: Amazon's drones topple van Damme
- Shazam reveals most tagged ads of 2013
- Barclays calls global agency roster review
- Pitch update: Pre-Christmas round-up of RBS, BA and all the biggest pitches
- McGuinness departs BMB after eight years
- Ogilvy poaches McDonald's creative director for Unilever role