Optical Express calls £5m ad review
By Anne Cassidy, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 28 October 2010 08:00AM
Optical Express, the high street optician, is reviewing its £5m advertising account.
The company is looking for an agency to produce a television campaign for January next year.
The Glasgow-based brand handles its advertising in-house and has previously worked with Leith, which won the business without a pitch in 2003.
Optical Express' last major advertising campaign, launched in April this year, starred former the golfer Padraig Harrington promoting the company's laser eye surgery. In the ad Harrington talks about how surgery helped his game and improved his focus.
Another recent TV ad, called "active lifestyle" shows a golfer hitting a ball and a tennis player serving, to illustrate how laser eye surgery can enhance an active lifestyle.
Last year, Optical Express also invested in advertising for its cosmetic surgery brand, The Cosmetic Clinic. The campaign showed a series of women in their daily routines such as shopping, swimming, and having drinks with friends.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Digital Media Senior Executive - Mobile - Leading Agency Ultimate Asset £23000 - £28000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- SENIOR DIGITAL PLANNER - INTEGRATED AGENCY Live Recruitment £50000 - £70000 per annum, City of London
- Digital Marketing Manager - Ardington Ltd Ball & Hoolahan £Competitive Salary Package, South East
- Brand Activation Manager Ball & Hoolahan £36,000 + Car/Car Allowance, South East
- Sorrell says Publicis / Omnicom's 'merger of equals' is 'impossible'
- Gatwick rolls out 'guess the X-ray' competition
- iProspect appoints chief media officer among four senior hires
- Dove launches first cinema campaign with 'real beauty' sequel
- IAB: ad is 'viewable' if half of it is seen for one second
- Powerade launches global World Cup campaign