Optical Express calls £5m ad review
By Anne Cassidy, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 28 October 2010 08:00AM
Optical Express, the high street optician, is reviewing its £5m advertising account.
The company is looking for an agency to produce a television campaign for January next year.
The Glasgow-based brand handles its advertising in-house and has previously worked with Leith, which won the business without a pitch in 2003.
Optical Express' last major advertising campaign, launched in April this year, starred former the golfer Padraig Harrington promoting the company's laser eye surgery. In the ad Harrington talks about how surgery helped his game and improved his focus.
Another recent TV ad, called "active lifestyle" shows a golfer hitting a ball and a tennis player serving, to illustrate how laser eye surgery can enhance an active lifestyle.
Last year, Optical Express also invested in advertising for its cosmetic surgery brand, The Cosmetic Clinic. The campaign showed a series of women in their daily routines such as shopping, swimming, and having drinks with friends.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Business Director Direct Recruitment £80,000 + Bens, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Manager Direct Recruitment £28,000 - £32,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Director Direct Recruitment £45,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager Direct Recruitment £32,000 +, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Samsung calls global advertising and media review
- Watch the first YouTube clip, nine years on
- British Airways moves paid search account to Forward3D
- M&C Saatchi's Enyi Nwosu takes global role at Mindshare
- Post Office reviews advertising, DM and digital accounts
- Karmarama grabs Coppafeel! breast cancer charity account