Freeview wheels out talking TV and teapot
By Sara Kimberley, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 29 October 2010 04:45PM
Freeview, the digital TV service, is launching a £6m marketing campaign to promote the benefits of its digital TV recorder, Freeview+.
The ‘Living Rooms’ campaign created by 18 Feet & Rising will begin with a humourous TV ad launching on Sunday during the ‘The X Factor’ on ITV1. Media planning and buying is by MEC.
The 60-second and 30-second ads voiced by Karl Pilkington show a TV explaining the benefits of a Freeview+ HD box to furniture and ornaments in a living rooms such as a stuffed squirrel, teapot, lamp and painting.
TV activity will be supported by a radio and print campaign across Galaxy, Heart, Classic FM, Metro, Daily Mail, Daily Telegraph, Daily Mirror and a six-week campaign in Radio Times.
The campaign will also feature pre-roll ads on ITV.com, TV Guide and AOL; website takeovers on MSN and Radio Times and Google AdWords.
Freeview marketing and communications director Sue Leach said: "This campaign plays to the heart of what makes Freeview great: Upgrading to Freeview + is easy and the ability to record and store both individual programmes and entire series at the touch of the button means no one has to miss out on their favourite TV again."
18 Feet & Rising partner Jonathan Trimble said: "These films bring to life the magic of a Freeview+ box in warm and friendly way. They have been designed to emphasise the simplicity and accessibility of the technology whilst entertaining and amusing at the same time. "
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Communications Executive Haymarket Media Group Dependant on Experience, Teddington, London (Greater)
- Product Designer / Engineer Nu Creative Talent £30000.00 - £40000.00 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Analytics & Insights Manager, top agency in Mancheseter Perfect Marketing People To £38k, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Junior Product Developer Creative Recruitment £23000 - £25000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)