Adam & Eve wins £3m brief to promote Diageo brands
By Jeremy Lee, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 04 November 2010 10:50AM
Adam & Eve has consolidated its position on the Diageo roster with an estimated £3 million brief to run a through-the-line multi-brand campaign across its spirits portfolio ahead of Christmas.
The agency has been briefed to promote Diageo's Gordon's, Smirnoff, Baileys and Bell's spirit brands.
Adam & Eve, which also works on the Bell's whisky brand, won the business after a competitive pitch against undisclosed agencies.
This is the second time that Diageo has run a multi-brand campaign. In the summer, it launched a similar campaign created by Saatchi & Saatchi X, the retail marketing arm of the Publicis advertising group.
The integrated brief covers advertising, online and in-store activity.
Diageo has said it will spend £47 million on marketing its alcohol brands in the run-up to Christmas and the new year, prompted by a better-than-expected performance last Christmas, when sales in the spirits category grew by 6 per cent. It has also promised to improve the visibility of its brands in-store.
Diageo plans to launch activity for its individual brands as well, and is currently running a TV campaign for Baileys by Bartle Bogle Hegarty.
The global "birthday candle" campaign is designed to remind consumers of the joy of spontaneous moments with friends. It is the first from BBH since it won the Baileys advertising account in June.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Research Manager Brand Recruitment £30000 - £35000 per annum, Ipswich
- Mid Weight Designer 4 Multichannel-Experiential Agency Zebra People £30000 - £40000 per annum, City of London
- Communications Manager - Insurance Network Career Consultants £45000 - £52000 per annum, City of London
- Marketing Manager - Maternity Contract ADLIB £30000 - £35000 per annum, Wiltshire