Morrisons promotes fresh food in Christmas campaign
By Mark Banham, campaignlive.co.uk, Monday, 08 November 2010 01:35PM
Morrisons has launched its annual Christmas television campaign with the strapline "More Christmas for less", to capitalise on its pricing over the festive period.
The UK’s fourth-largest supermarket will also be challenging its rivals Tesco, Sainsbury’s and Asda, by expanding on the promotion of its fresh-food message, with three different television spots.
All the Christmas spots will continue the theme of "inquisitive" children finding out where their food comes from and how it makes its way to the supermarket shelf.
The first spot includes the much-maligned vegetable, the Brussel sprout, explaining how the product makes its journey from farm field to supermarket.
The second execution includes showing how the in-store bakery prepares its specialist products, while the third explains how the in-store butcher prepares the turkey for the festive table.
Creative for the campaign is through DLKW Lowe, while media planning and buying is through MEC.
Each spot will run for 40 seconds and will be shown on all major commercial television channels, including ITV1, Channel 4 and Channel 5, in the run-up to Christmas.
Angus Maciver, group marketing director for Morrisons, said: "We always want to point out what makes us different and how that adds to the customer experience.
"[In this campaign] we can explain where the food comes from, and represent that through children who are curious and rightfully ask these kind of questions."
Morrisons will also push its premium range Morrisons Best over the festive season with a 25%-off promotion and in-store sampling.
The supermarket recently announced an increase in sales, excluding fuel, of 2.8% during the 13 weeks to 31 October.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Group Insight Director, Technology & Financial Jarlett de Grouchy £65000.00 - £80000.00 per annum + bonus, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Commercial Head of Branded Content-Established Digital Business Ultimate Asset £65000 - £76000 per annum + bonus and huge benefits , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Sales Executive - Performance & Brand - Emerging Tech Ultimate Asset £40000 - £50000 per annum + commission & excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Content Strategist Zebra People £300 - £400 per day, London (East), London (Greater)
- Samsung calls global advertising and media review
- British Airways moves paid search account to Forward3D
- Watch the first YouTube clip, nine years on
- M&C Saatchi's Enyi Nwosu takes global role at Mindshare
- Post Office reviews advertising, DM and digital accounts
- Karmarama grabs Coppafeel! breast cancer charity account