Dairy Crest calls pitch for product launch
By Matt Williams, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 11 November 2010 08:00AM
Dairy Crest, the UK food and drink manufacturer, is approaching agencies regarding an advertising project ahead of the launch of a new product next year.
The dairy company has approached several UK agencies, with meetings due to take place over the next few weeks.
Grey Advertising, the incumbent on the £14 million Dairy Crest ad account, has been invited to pitch for the business. The agency’s incumbent status on the other Dairy Crest brands is said to be unaffected regardless of the result of the upcoming pitch for the new launch..
Dairy Crest’s brands include Country Life, Frijj, Cathedral City and Utterly Butterly.
In October 2008 Grey rolled out the Country Life campaign featuring the former Sex Pistol front man John Lydon. The campaign helped revive the butter brand’s fortunes by increasing volume sales of the product by 85 per cent in the quarter following the launch of the work.
Dairy Crest has since held a media planning and buying review and appointed Universal McCann London to its consolidated business.
The company’s marketing director is Paul Fraser, who first joined in August 2003 as the marketing controller on spreads.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Senior UX/IA Mobile Designer - 3 Month Contract - London Network Career Consultants £300 - £350 per day, London
- Junior Account Executive Pitch Consultants £15000 - £18000 per annum, Birmingham
- French Speaking Graphic designer | Corporate communications - Global Healthcare Brand Aquent Competitive day rate, Hertfordshire
- Client Services Director - Full-Service Digital Agency Silverdrum to £55,000 + benefits, London