IPA Effectiveness Awards 2010: Effectiveness Company of the Year - MCBD
campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 05 November 2010 12:00AM
Sponsored by Thinkbox.
Being named the IPA Effectiveness Company of the Year is, in truth, testament to three years of hard work put in by the senior management team of MCBD. It was 2008 when the agency first exploded back into life - thanks to a number of impressive campaigns and a series of new-business wins - and it hasn't really looked back since.
The agency has recently won new business from clients including Moneysupermarket.com, Quorn and Henkel. It has also made some key hirings, including David Bainbridge, who joined as the vice-chairman from the BBC, and Carl Ratcliffe, the Five creative head who moved to the agency as the planning director.
Creatively, MCBD was behind the epic "As good as it's ever been" campaign for Hovis, which has been awarded the IPA Effectiveness Grand Prix. The campaign, spearheaded by a 122-second TV ad, helped revive the Hovis brand, growing sales by 14 per cent year on year. MCBD has also won gold for its "essentials" campaign for Waitrose, and picked up two silvers, one for its "Self Assessment" work for HMRC and another for its "Tobacco Control" campaign for the Department of Health.
Each piece of work combined strong creative with excellent planning, highlighting the talents of its creative director, Danny Brooke-Taylor, and the executive planning director, Andy Nairn.
Billings: £95 million
Helen Calcraft, Chief executive
David Bainbridge, Vice-chairman
Danny Brooke-Taylor, Creative director
Andy Nairn, Executive planning director
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Client Account Manager Content is King c. £25k per annum dependent on experience, SW1
- Shopper Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £45,000 + CA + benefits, South East
- Senior Brand Manager - Drinks Ball & Hoolahan £48,000 + CA + benefits, South East
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £60,000 + CA + benefits, London
- Majority of 15m Twitter users in the UK follow a newspaper
- OgilvyOne loses BA business
- Iris and Cheil big winners at MAA Best Awards
- Campaign Viral Chart: Pepsi tops Coke with Jeff Gordon test drive
- International Women's Day: 'You make your own luck' says Cheryl Giovannoni
- Twitter attracts more ads, but rates tumble 67%