IPA Effectiveness Awards 2010: Silver Award - Audi
campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 05 November 2010 12:00AM
Title: The new more fuel efficient Audi communications model
Client: Audi UK
Authors: Carl Mueller, Adam Knight, BBH
Contributing authors: Ed Booty, Jonathan Bottomley, BBH; Leila Buckley, Andrew Robson, Millward Brown
Credited companies - Creative agency: BBH; media agency: MediaCom
Media used: Cinema, direct marketing, magazines, newspapers, online display, outdoor/poster, radio, TV
IN A NUTSHELL
Through focusing communications on the rational benefits of driving an Audi, the campaign achieved a payback of £1.70 for every £1 spent and a net profit of more than £50 million.
In 2009, Audi faced a perfect storm: a slowing economy, more frugal consumers and a greener society. Through better understanding its customers, Audi was able to evolve its communications, shifting its previously model-focused approach to one that highlighted the efficiency innovations of the entire Audi range. "The new more fuel efficient Audis' multi-channel campaign emphasised the rational benefits of driving an Audi. It allowed Audi to become more efficient in its marketing spend and resulted in considerable commercial success; annual sales targets were hit by mid-September, achieving a net profit of more than £50 million and a payback of £1.70 for each £1 spent.
This campaign clearly demonstrates the fantastic achievement of excelling in the car category during a recession. Audi stood by its brand values, but the evolution of its communications resulted in a huge impact and incredible short-term results.
Philip Almond, global brand director, Baileys.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Assistant Visual Merchandising Manager Creative Recruitment negotiable, City of London
- Senior Designer / Art Director Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £30000 - £36000 per annum, Buckinghamshire
- SEO Manager Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy Subject to skill set, London
- Associate Director - Sports Research PSD Group £45,000 to £55,000 + bonus + benefits, Central London