IPA Effectiveness Awards 2010: Silver Award - Heinz
campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 05 November 2010 12:00AM
Title: It has to be Heinz: maintaining leadership in uncertain times
Client: H J Heinz Co
Entrant: AMV BBDO
Authors: Lucy Howard, Jane Dorsett, AMV BBDO
Contributing authors: Jacquie Chick, AMV BBDO; Louise Cook, Holmes & Cook; Katherine Gray, Ann Perkins, Giles Jepson, Nigel Dickie, Heinz; Katie Abbott, Vizeum
Credited companies - Creative agency: AMV BBDO; media agency: Vizeum; qualitative research agency: White Tiger
Media used: Interactive, PR, radio, sales promotion, TV
IN A NUTSHELL
Through 'There are moments for us all when only Heinz will do', the brand became the fastest-growing of the 'Top 10 Manufacturers' and delivered £1.87 profit for every £1 invested.
The first quarter of 2009 saw Heinz losing share to own label brands in all core categories, with previous loyalists favouring cheaper alternatives. To address this, a new umbrella communications idea that "There are moments for us all when only Heinz will do" was born across the portfolio of premium products. The "It has to be Heinz" campaign strengthened relationships with core customers, connecting consumers with the real value of Heinz by reawakening the emotional rewards that the Heinz product experience evokes. This campaign resulted in Heinz becoming the fastest-growing of the "Top 10 manufacturers", delivering more than £12 million in incremental revenue, with £1.87 in profit returned for every £1 invested.
A well-argued case that was compelling and clear, and one that stands as a good lesson for all brand owners. Heinz successfully fought off its competitors and drove sales in the context of household budget cuts.
Philip Almond, global brand director, Baileys.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Project Manager Red Sofa London £40000 - £50000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- PPC Campaign Executive - London Search Agency Silverdrum to £25,000 + benefits, London
- UK Marketing Controller Better Placed Recruitment £40000 - £49000 per annum + Car Allowance + Bonus , Greater Manchester
- Senior Account Director Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment Competitive Salary, Birmingham
- OgilvyOne loses BA business
- Campaign Viral Chart: Pepsi tops Coke with Jeff Gordon test drive
- Iris and Cheil big winners at MAA Best Awards
- Twitter attracts more ads, but rates tumble 67%
- Greenpeace protests outside Saatchi & Saatchi London office
- Facebook research finds 42% switch device mid-activity